• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

ECON 1002 (1 Viewer)

Rorix

HSC
sarevok said:
what was your mark?

knowing you, you probably got the 13 and are still upset :p

if he came first in the stream and is still pissed, I would respect him for it.

Speaking of such, how bad a test writer is Atta. From over 700 people, the top mark is 13.5? His ambigious questions and limited accepted answers.........:rolleyes:

Atta does have some problems with English, in particular regards to the meanings of some words. Can't think of the example that led me to think this, but I remember there was something - anyone help me out here? Anyway, it causes problems when Atta uses words like "always" - hardly anything in ecomonics is ALWAYS right, yet when Atta uses the word one has to wonder if he means ALWAYS or just most of the time. :/

Lainee

HSC
Rorix said:
Speaking of such, how bad a test writer is Atta. From over 700 people, the top mark is 13.5? His ambigious questions and limited accepted answers.........:rolleyes:
That doesn't mean he's a bad test writer. That was the highest mark is my stream as well (stream 6) and the lowest was 2.5/15. Ours was 10 multiple choice (5 marks) and a 10 mark essay and though most people I talked to afterwards said they found it easy, they weren't so happy when the essay marks came back. People suggested that marking was way too stringent (a lot of people got 0.5-4), but I'm thinking that the low marks is just because people aren't familiar with macro exams that much yet so they'll be more prepared for the future hopefully.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
passed marginally...

only good thing came out of this mid sem is that i vow to ace the nxt mid sem...
wait, didn't i vow that i am going to ace all my asgmt this sem?!
damnit!!! ><

Rorix

HSC
Lainee said:
That doesn't mean he's a bad test writer. That was the highest mark is my stream as well (stream 6) and the lowest was 2.5/15. Ours was 10 multiple choice (5 marks) and a 10 mark essay and though most people I talked to afterwards said they found it easy, they weren't so happy when the essay marks came back. People suggested that marking was way too stringent (a lot of people got 0.5-4), but I'm thinking that the low marks is just because people aren't familiar with macro exams that much yet so they'll be more prepared for the future hopefully.

While it's not absolute proof there's a very strong suggestion that it is so. Considering his 'model' answer to his essay question it's pretty clear that Atta writes answers then writes questions to fit an answer.

I also suggest your lecturer is also a bad test writer aileen!

Rorix

HSC
xiao1985 said:
passed marginally...

only good thing came out of this mid sem is that i vow to ace the nxt mid sem...
wait, didn't i vow that i am going to ace all my asgmt this sem?!
damnit!!! ><

As any good card player knows aces can be high or low:)

Unless you're playing Triple Draw Lowball.

s.m.i.t.h

HSC
is the2nd lecture test on the 12th or 19th?

the UOS says the 19th..........but an announcement hasjust been put up on blackboard syaing 12th........

kow_dude

HSC
s.m.i.t.h said:
is the2nd lecture test on the 12th or 19th?

the UOS says the 19th..........but an announcement hasjust been put up on blackboard syaing 12th........
I think Atta has rescheduled everything one week earlier. For instance, the group presentations have been placed one week earlier than stated in the course outline. I'm guessing Atta is doing the same for Exam #2 so we can use the last week for revision.

... Someone should email him to confirm.

sarevok

HSC
In Lecture 9 Slide 42 why is that vertical line labelled G/Y? Isn't the vertical line meant to represent the spending available to the non-government sectors? How can you have that vertical line labelled G/Y and yet the units on the axis are the 'non-government share'? What the fuck

edit: and the labelling of the NX diagram as NX/T is making me question the veracity of this slide even more

Last edited:

jpr333

HSC
Yeah I finally kind of learnt these graphs today on review and help from a mate. It's vertical since government spending is inelastic. And apprently an increase in G/Y is constituted by a shift to the left, and if it does that the other curves shift as well proportionally. But can anyone clarify this point, if gov spending increases does the real rate of interest increase? A short explanation would be greatly appreciated.

sarevok

HSC
Here is a nice explanation of those graphs I found for anyone interested, the explanation in the lecture notes is pretty bs imo

jpr333

HSC
Atta said today it covers everything up to, not including, inflation targetting (slide 13/14 maybe of lec 14).

sarevok

HSC
by increasing productitivty i asumme it means y=f(k, l, t) was changed, in which case full employment curve shifts to right setting new equilibrium

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
LRAS has the potential to shift to the right... so by self adjusting mechanism (passive policy) or discretionary policy, the AD will increase to reach the new equilibrium...

jpr333

HSC
But LRAS is the new equilibrium, are you saying AD increases so as to make price constant? Don't tell me you're saying that.

Actually that raises an interesting qs, what shifts when LRAS shifts, SRAS or AD, it is AD as xiao said right? But why would AD increase, because of higher real wages and increased PP?

Last edited:

sarevok

HSC
no, SRAS shifts with LRAS. look at the section in the lecture notes on positive and negative shocks.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
my bad... that's right, SRAS shud shift...
i don't know wut i was thinking when i typed above reply...

kow_dude

HSC
In today's Wednesday Stream 2 lecture, what did Atta say about 6 out of 320 students did in the multiple choice section?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)