eco tips (1 Viewer)

theprofitable95

HSC
N/A
So i got a really bad teacher for eco this year who doesn't teach anything (they spent the entire week telling us what a 'want' is). So any tips going about learning eco by myself? I already purchased the market economy 2013 prelim. and excel prelim economics. And can anyone give tips on Eco Essay writing (i noticed posts for modern history and legal studies, but none for eco).

thanks a lot in advance

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, you have the textbook. Read it, and do the questions.

Like you'd usually do in class.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Try and keep up to date with current events happening both domestically and globally, such as the RBA interest rate decisions every month and general articles on trade etc. You will need to utilise figures like economic growth and unemployment in your essays so its always good to have a knowledge these trends throughout the year.

Last edited:

lochnessmonsta

Booging
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're serious about doing it yourself, purchase the tim reilly market economy workbook and do one exercise a week.

I study this via distance education meaning i dont have a teacher for it and i send away one of these exercises a week and he'll send it back later with marking etc. Theres about 20 exercises, and when youve finished them do practice papers to prepare you for your yearly exams.

And as drifting95 said, if you can begin to put current stats like cash rates in your essays they will be highly marked assuming its a decent essay

HSC
My teacher reads directly from the textbook and we all do well. Just make sure you keep a good pace and do lots of practice questions and essays. I would be happy to look over some of your essays if you want.

reader007

HSC
Use a textbook to find out what topics you are covering and then look on youtube for economics lectures covering those topics.
There are some especially made for high school students and most of them are really good.
Good Luck.

hasdhil

HSC
Reading the textbook and making summaries is good, make sure you are on top of them because some things overlap from different chapters or topics. Also it is important to do practice questions and get these checked, either by your teacher or try finding another teacher that you may get along with well that does economics and wouldn't mind helping you. Current stats is one of the most important things in an eco. essay, it shows that you actually know what is going on in the world and aren't just simply your textbook and that's it. Diagrams are good to include, stuff like a basic supply and demand curve in different areas like labour market or financial market.

Good Luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)