Eco law unsw vs usyd (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Idk which one i should go to?
usyd is just usyd i heard its better for grad employment due to law connections
but for unsw i dont think its that bad?? also im getting 16k scholarship in unsw so should i just go to unsw??
idk it feels dumb not accepting the money.

liamkk112

HSC
didnt u just say that u dont like usyd for whatver reason

just go to unsw if u like it there, its not gonna be a huge difference between usyd and unsw

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
hot take but if the only reason you're considering going to a uni is bcz of a scholarship then you should reconsider. I'm sure you've considered other merits and cons of both universities, like commute, grad opportunities, campus, culture and social scene blah blah, but if you have judged that unsw and usyd law are the same, or excluding the scholarship you're not leaning towards either uni, then go for unsw

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
it's fine if you can't make up your mind, just join something and transfer into whatever, you don't need to make one grand decision at this time

uni is extremely flexible in allowing you to change
thx for the reassurance man that was much needed
I finally have respect for u

Gyt123

HSC
Think usyd law is slightly better reputation but not $16k pa better. UNSW all the way.

xoNat

don't worry, be happy
HSC
hot take but if the only reason you're considering going to a uni is bcz of a scholarship then you should reconsider. I'm sure you've considered other merits and cons of both universities, like commute, grad opportunities, campus, culture and social scene blah blah, but if you have judged that unsw and usyd law are the same, or excluding the scholarship you're not leaning towards either uni, then go for unsw
But money

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
yeah 16k isnt much in the grand scheme of things you'd rack up decent debt by the end of the degree anyway. and with a lawyer income a 16k extra loan should be easy to pay off

that's why I'm suggesting to look into the pros and cons of the degree at both uni's, scholarship aside

I live in the povo parts so ik how much 16k can help but do think a bit holistically

Gyt123

HSC
$16k is a lot of money. It’s about 560 hours of casual work. Or 70 full days ! Unless you’re loaded ofc.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
"If you fail to uphold the requirements of the Scholarship/Award and it is subsequently withdrawn, or if you choose to discontinue your program of study, you are not required to return any funds received during your status as an actively enrolled student at UNSW. However, you may be expected to return funds obtained during periods when you did not qualify as an active student in the relevant program or study load at UNSW."

I guess you can dip with the money after a year? you receive it in 1st year right

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
"If you fail to uphold the requirements of the Scholarship/Award and it is subsequently withdrawn, or if you choose to discontinue your program of study, you are not required to return any funds received during your status as an actively enrolled student at UNSW. However, you may be expected to return funds obtained during periods when you did not qualify as an active student in the relevant program or study load at UNSW."

I guess you can dip with the money after a year? you receive it in 1st year right
Okay but how do I know if usyd accepts me second year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)