Eco essay avg length? (1 Viewer)

ash_xx

HSC
N/A
So I was just wondering how long is a average band 6 economics essay word wise? would it be around 1000 or is that too little/much?

Also, does anyone know of friends/other people who attend the Leading Edge eco tuition? Was jus wondering how good it was...

thanks in advance! :drink:

Alby8534

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
1k is hovering average.

i'd write 1-1.2k to be safe, and show off a bit.

nevery

HSC
As much as you need to fully answer the question. Probably 1,000 - 1,200 should be fine. If you're writing over 1,500 to answer the question then I don't think you're writing concisely, which is what they want you to do. Since I type I'm not sure how much that equates in exam booklets, but I'd say probably a whole one.

madsam

God among men
HSC
an hsc booklet page equates to about half an a4 page
There are 8 pages in a booklet

So one booklet ~ four a4 pages

I wrote about 11-13 booklet pages and ended up with 91 in the exam, so you'd want to be writing 4-6 a4 pages

bouncing

HSC
my teacher says that markers (although they hate marking) like it when you fill up more than one booklet (even if you write big haha) it just makes you look better or something??

but yeah.. 1000 (Y) TO BE SAFE oh ps dont forget that for economics you can just draw graphs to fill up those 8 pages in the booklet if you're having trouble

and pps! markers love graphs + stats (Y) or perhaps just remember the general curves on a graph and explain trends :D

nevery

HSC
and pps! markers love graphs + stats (Y) or perhaps just remember the general curves on a graph and explain trends :D
+1. It's like giving them 'evidence' to support your arguement. Like quotes in english. Or techniques.

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
look at the time you are given.

if people are able to write 1000 words in 40min and you can barely manage 800, then there's no point in planning a 1000 word essay right?

twistedrebel

HSC
my teacher says that markers (although they hate marking) like it when you fill up more than one booklet (even if you write big haha) it just makes you look better or something??

but yeah.. 1000 (Y) TO BE SAFE oh ps dont forget that for economics you can just draw graphs to fill up those 8 pages in the booklet if you're having trouble

psychological barrier :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)