ECMT 1020- Group Assignment (1 Viewer)

zelba

HSC
Ok - does anyone know how to estimate the regression equation of Income on Age and Work Experience for the ECMT 1020 assignment and if you do can you please explain how to do this??

PLease I am really desperate and I have no idea, any help will be of assistance

Thankyou in advance

cimbom

HSC
Do you know how to run a regression output using data analysis on excel? It's basically what you need to do for all of the questions in the assignment after Q2, after creating interaction terms and dummy variables, and before interpreting the coefficients, the significance of individual variables, and the overall explanatory power of the models you've constructed.

Does no one in your group know how to get excel to compute a regression output? Once you have that (the ANOVA table etc) you can construct your regression equation, which is just linear income(Yi)= intercept + coeffcient(age i) + coefficient(work experience i). where you would get the intercept and coefficient values from the output. i'm sure there's like a help instruction on excel that can take you through it, or you could ask your tutor. we did it in tutorials a few weeks ago, and back in ecmt1010 with simple regression.

Some_Guy

HSC
actually how the hell does the training dummy variables work? and why is D dropped out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)