Ebay HELP!!! (1 Viewer)

Janine

HSC
N/A
I'm just using ebay for the first time, to buy something under those "buy it now" symbols. I've just ordered my item, provided details etc, but it now says "contact the seller with credit card details". I registered my details with ebay, I thought that would be enough!

So are you supposed to just email the seller, or what?!?!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
well i suppose the seller you're buying from is an online business......i guess you would have to give the seller your credit card details if you wish to purchase the product you wished to buy
if you dont trust it why cant you pay using a different method....ie money order

alexvincent

HSC
If you can't pay by credit card, contact the seller and tell him/her your situation and arrange a different payment method. The way to ensure positive feedback is good communication. Also, before buying, make sure you read the payment instructions and the payment options.

WiseGal

HSC
N/A
As far as I know, Paypal is the major payment processor of eBay so I guess there is a chance of doing business using Paypal if you're not comfortable with giving credit card details which is also very understandable.

CrammingFTW

HSC
whatever you do DO NOT E-Mail them your Cred Card Details. Ring them up if you must, but if you email it then you are just asking for it :(

I have worked in an online (photography) shop and Paypal is very common - but if he doesn't accept Paypal just do what the others have suggested Money order (through your local post office) or Internet banking is quite easy too. Although make sure you get all the digits correct. I made that mistake once. Worst $50 ever!

one more trick, always look at the postage cost. That is often used to scab more money off you if you aren't careful. Some people put $50+ postage for something listed at $0.99 ! So don't forget to add that to the total ;-)

Good luck

rockets

HSC
N/A
go to pay now, then click on the paypal thing ( which is by visa or mastercard) then click continue which will get u into tour paypal account-where it has your credit card details- log in with your password then check cost of item plus postage is correct and hit the Pay button then I think but can't remember for sure hit the confirm button - but this may be when u do direct deposit
Hope this helps!

molycity

HSC
rockets said:
go to pay now, then click on the paypal thing ( which is by visa or mastercard) then click continue which will get u into tour paypal account-where it has your credit card details- log in with your password then check cost of item plus postage is correct and hit the Pay button then I think but can't remember for sure hit the confirm button - but this may be when u do direct deposit
Hope this helps!
I reckon you need to contact the seller and see if he has any other payment methods. Dont think credit card will be a safe way for online shopping, easy tho!

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
I've bought about 50 items so far. I never had to provide my credit card details to the seller. They need to give you thier bank account details, so you can transfer it to them. Just report to ebay just in case.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)