Easy or hard to self learn Logarithmic and Exp function? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Is it easy or hard to self learn those 2 chapters? Because there's some differentiation and integration in it which looks a bit scary. Is there anything I might miss if I learn it myself? Or is that a bad idea?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Is it easy or hard to self learn those 2 chapters? Because there's some differentiation and integration in it which looks a bit scary. Is there anything I might miss if I learn it myself? Or is that a bad idea?
These topics are quite easy to learn by yourself. The reason why is because most questions are calculation based and there are very few proof-based questions.

So your answer is either right or wrong, however with a more proof-oriented question (ie: Parametrics), learning yourself is more risky because you can trick yourself into believing that you've understood the topic and proven the result, when in fact you have not done so correctly.

There is little such room for error in the topics Logarithmic and Exponential Functions.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
It is very easy to learn these topics by yourself imo. Probably the hardest part is that d/dx (e^x) = e^x

PM me if you need any help

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Just make sure you do plenty of questions and ask plenty of questions and you will gradually get the hang of it. Nothing is actually 'easy', but you can make it 'easier' by putting in persistent effort over a prolonged period of time into it. Best wishes for you to ace maths:)

studybuddy101

HSC
If you've got a good book i actually think that those are the easiest parts of the 2 unit course (aside from one dimensional motion). Go for it (Y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)