Easiest way to Randwick Race Course? (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Hey, was just wondering what the easiest way to randwick race course is for our midsessions via public transport and if needed, walking. lol.

I'm guessing that 891 bus + walking is the best way?
Any other alternative way to get there?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Get a 39X bus i think. Or 891 and walk if you can be bothered. I like walking as it calms me down. Like walking to central after final exams from the racecourse lol.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
lol a central from racecourse walk is a long walk indeed
unless you celebrate the end of sexams by walking such a fair distance :D

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
There are buses from eddy avenue

Raginsheep

HSC
Note, you cannot enter via the entrances on high st.

Cathtastrophe

HSC
most of 37 buses go from eddy ave stop at racecourse...

i know the 372 def does I catch it every day :)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
That's right. The one with the big gate with a nice Marble sign saying Randwick Jockey Club. You can't enter through there.

Here's what might jog up your memory, if you've taken the 891 (UNSW to Central) on High Street outside the Faculty of Medicine, you know how it takes the route of firstly, turning right into a street, then at the end turning left out into the main street. If you've looked to your left, you'll see the massive Racecourse Stands - That's where your exams will be held.

The 891 would've also passed the Randwick Racecourse Main Entrance.

The most ideal way is to take the 372s, ask the driver when in doubt. If you're lucky, Sydney Buses also runs a specific "Randwick Racecourse Exam" bus, hop on those, and they stop real close to the Randwick Racecourse.

stephenchow

HSC
Is there a secret elf dungeon in there?

EDIT: And is there a bus that takes you back to central?

Last edited:
HSC
the 372 or 374 takes you too racecourse, via unsw you can get there by walking up anzac pde and turn on doncaster aventue then turn right.... or if uve walked past doncaster avenue, walk up too alison road and walk down 2 minutes.

here's a map, all that green/circle is proper entrance for racecourse

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
stephenchow said:
Is there a secret elf dungeon in there?

EDIT: And is there a bus that takes you back to central?
Lol, its just Randwick Racecourse trying to protect their grass, and precious Horse-Runway.

Nah, but anyway, even if they did let you walk in, you'd have to walk through the raceway where the horses gallop through...and with the added rain, by the time you arrive at the examination room, your shoes will totally be ruined!!! :rofl:

Anyway, when you leave Randwick Racecourse, go through the same gateway that you walked in, and turn right. You should see a bus shelter there, and most of the time UNSW alloates a Sydney Bus dude to stand guard there.

Again you catch 372 back to Central. 891s (From Randwick Racecourse direct to central) will also stop there during Examination periods at the same stop as the 372 (the one I just mentioned).

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Lol, its just Randwick Racecourse trying to protect their grass, and precious Horse-Runway.

Nah, but anyway, even if they did let you walk in, you'd have to walk through the raceway where the horses gallop through...and with the added rain, by the time you arrive at the examination room, your shoes will totally be ruined!!! :rofl:

Anyway, when you leave Randwick Racecourse, go through the same gateway that you walked in, and turn right. You should see a bus shelter there, and most of the time UNSW alloates a Sydney Bus dude to stand guard there.

Again you catch 372 back to Central. 891s (From Randwick Racecourse direct to central) will also stop there during Examination periods at the same stop as the 372 (the one I just mentioned).
lol, my shoes were drenched/ruined on tuesday,, after walking to the bus stop near unsw on anzac parade (i think).

u turn left as u see the inersection with centennial park.

my shoes were squishy ..... >o<

cuppy

HSC
N/A
if i'm to buy a travelten for the bus ride (most of my exams are going to be there) which colour would i have to get?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Travelten is brown - get the concession one for fulltime student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)