EAS - Lost (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Ok i've been accepted for the EAS, for USYD, UNSW, UTS, but they said they'll notify me if i make it for my course on the 19th of Jan, i mean say if i didnt get my UAI and i rely on this but wat happens if i touchwood dont make it in etc i feel a little lost because generally most ppl will be like get their UAI ok didnt get the mark change their prefs and wait for early jans main round offers, but yea but if i change my prefs but still have my desired course in preferences, and in the main round offers i get this course that i dont quite wanna do but it was a backup, and then wat should i do refuse to accept it and wait till 19th of Jan and wish myself luck they might let me get itn or what?

Huy

HSC
N/A
You need to take a breath, that's a long sentence!

If you don't make it, you don't make it, with or without EAS. "You and Your UAI", the information booklet sent to you from UAC, has said (and this is also on their website), that you should always accept your first offer.

If you receive subsequent offers, you can choose to:

a) Accept the new offer, and reject the old offer, or
b) Reject the new offer, keeping your current (original) offer.

If, in the main round, you receive an offer (and are accepted) into the course you 'don't want to do' - then you should still accept the offer, however you should hope that subsequent offers will follow, in the later rounds.

If you reject your main round offer, I'm not sure what happens exactly, but I would suggest you accept any offer given to you, and 'decide' on your courses after any subsequent offers (if any).

It's your choice, but a tough situation - I understand why you can feel 'lost'. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Just remember that any offer accepted automatically cancels any previously accepted offer. That is to say that if you accept one offer (LLB, UTS) and then get accepted somewhere else and accept that (BScIT, UTS) then the first offer will be rejected automatically. This is through UAC so it doesn't matter if the courses are at different universities.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i wouldnt rely on EAS, i did, and i was bitterly dissappointed. I was less than 1 mark away from getting the UAI i needed, but only one person got into my course via EAS, and they got 0.05 higher then me, so i missed out. That 5 marks they tell you about isnt always true, for popular courses, or courses that lots of EAS students have applied for, you dont get that much leway, i didnt even get 1.00 UAI points worth of leway.

RJ

HSC
Mambomeg - my EAS application has been accepted at Sydney and UNSW (the two unis to which I applied), and I have a feeling I'm heading down the same track as you. My first preference only has 20 places, and a 2003 cut-off of 98.7 (which I'm sure is set to rise!)

How did you find out the exact statistics - i mean how did you find out about the successful applicant? Also, did you ever get notified as to the amount of compensation to which you were entitled?

Winston

HSC
how do u find out how many places the eas offers for the course u selected?

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Huy

Ok this has nothing to do with EAS but I don't understand how you can accept two offers (main and late rounds) when they expect you to accept and enrol before the late round offers are made??!!

Huy

HSC
N/A
@boredofschool

You could receive an offer in more than one round. If you do, you can choose which course to accept. If you receive an offer in one round and accept it, and then receive an offer in a later round, you can choose either to:

a) keep your previous offer and not accept your new offer; or
b) withdraw from your previous offer and accept your new offer.
Originally posted by Huy

My A = Their B
My B = Their A ;)
Offer Rounds
About Offers
http://www.uac.edu.au/apply/offer_rounds.html :)

Winston

HSC
So basically they still offer you places regardless if you have already accepted one in the main rounds?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
So basically they still offer you places regardless if you have already accepted one in the main rounds?
I'm not completely sure, but by the sound of it, yes. I would suggest that you accept any offer in the main round, so you have 'more to work with' (broadening your options) in later rounds, deciding to keep or accept other offers.

You may receive more than one offer in any round if you have both HECS and full-fee paying courses on your list of preferences. I don't know how it works for EAS though, since I'm not involved with it, sorry.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i didnt find out exact statistics, but when i e-mailed the faculty in distress they told me that generally only one or two people get accepted into vet by EAS or the broadway scheme as it is known at usyd. And then a girl on here told me she got in to vet by EAS and told me her UAI (which was 0.05 higher than mine!!!!), so thats how i know. I didnt get notified about how much leway i had, but because i didnt get in based on my UAI i know that it was less than 1 UAI point.
the number of students varies between courses though, but i imagine for courses with high UAI's and low student numbers there would be very few places.
But, a friend of mine at uni got into my course with a UAI 3 points below cut off, she got 91, the cut off was 94. So I guess the lower the UAI, the more points you can gain by EAS.
I dunno, i'm not the expert, but that was my experience.

asdf

HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
i wouldnt rely on EAS, i did, and i was bitterly dissappointed. I was less than 1 mark away from getting the UAI i needed, but only one person got into my course via EAS, and they got 0.05 higher then me, so i missed out. That 5 marks they tell you about isnt always true, for popular courses, or courses that lots of EAS students have applied for, you dont get that much leway, i didnt even get 1.00 UAI points worth of leway.
What course and uni was it?

Lainee

HSC
UNSW?! I got one from Usyd today, post came really late though.

Congrats though. :) I got accepted by USyd, but last year a friend of mine got USyd and not UNSW and that's made me think that perhaps one is harder than the other. :p Really illogical, but it's the UNSW one I'm really hoping to get.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Hmm i heard unsw was the hardest to get through, but i know that usyd is a more "tighter" uni in every aspect *shrugs* we'll have to wait and see for uts now

Slide rule: Its not that of a big deal lol. Theres no need for cheering on ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)