(EAS) Educational Access Scheme and Bonus ATAR/UAI Points awarded... (1 Viewer)

samaccount123

HSC
Would anyone out there by chance know the range of the most bonus points someone could get if they applied for university through the scheme (EAS)?

I have done a few research and I am thinking its from 1-10

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Maximum is 5 for EAS. USYD, however, adopts different scheme (but same in principle) called Broadway Scheme.

This scheme awards less ATAR "bonus points". Please visit the USYD website for more details.

samaccount123

HSC
5 only? What?

Ohh..because your distinguishing or seperating it from any subject bonus scheme or HSC plus points..hmm that sounds right, but I'm thinking theres more to this Ed. Access scheme

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
UTS up to 10, most other uni 5 at most.
Also note that EAS points are not equivalent to ATAR point. Each uni usually have a specified number of EAS intakes, so if the particular course is competitive, you need to compete with other EAS applicants, and most uni doesn't tell you how many points you will be getting.

samaccount123

HSC
Maximum is 5 for EAS. USYD, however, adopts different scheme (but same in principle) called Broadway Scheme.

This scheme awards less ATAR "bonus points". Please visit the USYD website for more details.
Yeah, USYD adobts the allocation method for EAS.. the same with UTS but UTS uses 10 "bonus points" or points below the published ATAR cut-off

banipal753

HSC
Does EAS combine with UNSW's hsc plus scheme? or are students limited to the benefits of one or the other?

Thecorey0

HSC
Does EAS combine with UNSW's hsc plus scheme? or are students limited to the benefits of one or the other?
Between the ACCESS scheme, HSC plus and the academic achievment award, a maximum of 10 points can be added to your selection rank.

samaccount123

HSC
Yeah, they contribute together mutually to get 10 or maybe 15 bonus points..I'm not sure about the 15..I THINK thats only for the more seriously disadvantaged students

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Yeah, they contribute together mutually to get 10 or maybe 15 bonus points..I'm not sure about the 15..I THINK thats only for the more seriously disadvantaged students
UNSW said 10 is the maximum. Theoretically, you can get 5 bonus from EAS, 5 bonus from UNSW Academic Achievement Scholarship and HSC Bonus....which add to 15 but they don't do that.

Marina89

HSC
Just a question, to get HSC bonus points (the ones for assessment rankings) are they automatically added onto your ATAR or do you have to apply?

astroe

HSC
Automatically "added" when you apply for one of the valid courses.

HSC Plus Bonus Points Calculator

UNSW HSC Plus FAQ

Just remember that the allocation for these EAS spaces are also ATAR ranked.
i.e, even if you got 90 and got 10 bonus points, it's highly unlikely you would get into a high ATAR course, even though your theoretical selection rank is 100.

E.g, say Law for example, the people that got 98 with 2 points would get in over a person who got 95 with 5 points.
It's ATAR ranked.

Last edited:

lawstudent

HSC
you don't get extra points on your atar.... you''re just placed into a separate category when applying for a uni course, and you're still competiting against other EAS applicants. it just means you MAY be able to get into a course with a atar lower than the cut-off because you're being judged separately from everyone else. for example for usyd law, you'll still need atleast 98.5+ to get in.

samaccount123

HSC
Automatically "added" when you apply for one of the valid courses.

HSC Plus Bonus Points Calculator

UNSW HSC Plus FAQ

Just remember that the allocation for these EAS spaces are also ATAR ranked.
i.e, even if you got 90 and got 10 bonus points, it's highly unlikely you would get into a high ATAR course, even though your theoretical selection rank is 100.

E.g, say Law for example, the people that got 98 with 2 points would get in over a person who got 95 with 5 points.
It's ATAR ranked.
What the? I dont think you right man..if you meet the course cut off then you meet it - also most course cut-offs are exaggerated..a 98 ATAR doesn't necesserily mean a whole 98..it could be a number between 90-98..or even 92-98..thats what I believe sort of..seriously.

Thats what the disadvantage points are there for due to a disrupted life etc etc..so both will get an offer, besides who said 90's was easy to get? (ESPECIALLY when choosing hardcore courses in the HSC)

samaccount123

HSC
you don't get extra points on your atar.... you''re just placed into a separate category when applying for a uni course, and you're still competiting against other EAS applicants. it just means you MAY be able to get into a course with a atar lower than the cut-off because you're being judged separately from everyone else. for example for usyd law, you'll still need atleast 98.5+ to get in.
Thats for the allocation method through EAS, some uni's do give points though (Not extra points yeah) and these are not extra points but bonus points which is just pimped up from your ATAR.

So its just ATAR + bonus points..yeah you dont get extra ATAR marks

samaccount123

HSC
UNSW said 10 is the maximum. Theoretically, you can get 5 bonus from EAS, 5 bonus from UNSW Academic Achievement Scholarship and HSC Bonus....which add to 15 but they don't do that.
Yeah I know, some universities have a limit of points that they could offer..as I said earlier the amount of bonus points OR allocated vacancies (allocation method) given DEPENDS on EACH uni's policies . :shoot:

Also about the 15 bonus points (including strong performance in HSC subjects)..I've never seen that in any institution yet..so drop that thought I mentioned earlier, lol :spin:

lawstudent

HSC
What the? I dont think you right man..if you meet the course cut off then you meet it - also most course cut-offs are exaggerated..a 98 ATAR doesn't necesserily mean a whole 98..it could be a number between 90-98..or even 92-98..thats what I believe sort of..seriously.

Thats what the disadvantage points are there for due to a disrupted life etc etc..so both will get an offer, besides who said 90's was easy to get? (ESPECIALLY when choosing hardcore courses in the HSC)
The cut-offs are last year's cutoffs (i.e. the lowest atar/uai you need to get into that particular course. they're an indication of what you might need to to get into the course, doesnt mean this year's cut off will be the same. so he was right about EAS still being competitive. like i said, to get into usyd law with EAS, you'll still need atleast 98+ atleast.

lawstudent

HSC
Once again, you DO NOT get extra atar points. You simply get placed into a separate selection group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)