EAS Bonus Point at UTS (1 Viewer)

Pete1555

HSC
Hey all,

I know that the EAS program allows students to get bonus marks if they are at a disadvantage etc... I know that UTS gives out a maximum of 10 bonus marks. However, does the severity of the situation alter the marks allocated.

For example, If someone who was to apply for 3 reasons under EAS, would they receive 1-10 bonus marks at UTS, or is it just automatically 10, no matter how many reasons or the severity.

Thanks!

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I believe UTS have been very generous with EAS of late and if you are eligible you get 10 regardless.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
uts is very generous on bonus points. you could possibly get up to 15, if you get the 10 points for eas, along with the 5 points for subject bands. therefore getting into business with 91 cut-off, you could get in with a 76.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
uts is very generous on bonus points. you could possibly get up to 15, if you get the 10 points for eas, along with the 5 points for subject bands. therefore getting into business with 91 cut-off, you could get in with a 76.
Correct.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It is also hypothetically possible for potential future Engineering students to gain 20 bonus marks as an additional 5 bonus marks are offered for satisfactory responses in a voluntary questionnaire.

UTS have a threshold raw ATAR for entry to the uni in general though (69 i believe) so it is only possible to stack up the 20 bonus marks in obscure engineering preferences which have been artificially inflated due to low numbers of offers made and large amounts of bonus marks for everyone offered the course. For example ICT Engineering with no specified major had a "cut off" of 95 in 2011 main round.

wendyliu

HSC
N/A
Do we need to apply for these before we receive our HSC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)