EAS apliactions (1 Viewer)

Huss

HSC
N/A
Has anyone here who appilied for the Educational Access Scheme been accepted by the universities?

Ribbon

I have applied but not recieved any letter back from the unis (ANU, Newcastle, Wollongong, WS)

A friend applied through EAS and recieved replies from Usyd, Unsw... can't remember the rest, but it was all of them except UWS (which is the only choice we had in common)...

does anyone know what the unis policies are in notifing you of your EAS applications success or failure? Hopefully no knews is good news and I havn't been knocked back !

Huss

HSC
N/A
well i recieved letters from unsw uts and usyd...i think if they dont send u a letter that would mean u werent accepted i guess :(

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Nah, i got accepted for usyd and unsw, but got rejected by uts, they all sent me a letter

choosen

sunny
HSC
N/A
um ok.....does usyd send you a letter if u didn't get accepted?

also i know that uws n macquarie don't notify you on whether u've being accepted or not....it says so on your EAS booklet...it was on a table...if you have it you can have a look

if i remeber correctly only usyd unsw uts and one more uni or somfin that actually send you a letter notifying you

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Originally posted by Ribbon
I have applied but not recieved any letter back from the unis (ANU, Newcastle, Wollongong, WS)

A friend applied through EAS and recieved replies from Usyd, Unsw... can't remember the rest, but it was all of them except UWS (which is the only choice we had in common)...

does anyone know what the unis policies are in notifing you of your EAS applications success or failure? Hopefully no knews is good news and I havn't been knocked back !
If the university accepts you into their EAS scheme, they will notify you of this through a letter in the post.
If you dont get a letter of confirmation, you aren't successful in being eligible for that particular universities scheme.

Thats how I know it to work anyway.

Generator

HSC
N/A
EAS... If the scheme worked properly then it wouldn't be abused by a large number of students...

'I had to share my room with my sister'... EAS!
'I had to travel for over an hour to get to school'... EAS!

The list seems endless...

blue_chameleon

HSC
Originally posted by Generator
EAS... If the scheme worked properly then it wouldn't be abused by a large number of students...

'I had to share my room with my sister'... EAS!
'I had to travel for over an hour to get to school'... EAS!

The list seems endless...
This scheme is not abused as easily as many may believe.

When a student lodges an application of disadvantage, they also have 2 provide a great deal of evidence.

For example, if you have a medical condition, you have to provide medical reports from your doctor, a personal statement on how it has affected you, and various other documents.

If somebody lodges an application for say, cramped living environment, they have to provide a floor plan of their house, and where they study, the number of people living in the house etc.

So really, it is not as easy to scam this system as may be believed, and even then, you still have people that have applications rejected.

There may be a few 'abusers' of this system, but for those who are genuinely disadvantaged, it can prove quite helpful.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I know that quite a bit of evidence is needed, but the fact that almost anyone can apply is just wrong given that it is meant to help those who actually need it.

blue_chameleon

HSC
The students that genuinely need it will be recognised by UAC, and the other 'abusers' will be rejected. I realise that a large number of students have applied for it this year, and not all are genuinely disadvantaged, but with the rise in UAI cut-off's and other various changes being brought in this year to universities, means that there were a lot of people trying to 'grab a few extra points' for their UAI cutoff's.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
most uni's require you to have two "disadvantages" to be eligible for their schemes, so people who just went to a crappy school etc arent elligible. Last year there were 5 ppl from my school who applied, all who were deserving - eg - me - i was on max youth allowance all through high school, and my parents got divorced during my HSC. In order to prove this i had to provide heaps of paperwork, including my parents certificate of divorce, and i had to fully expose my private life to the teacher in charge to get all the forms processed, which is not an easy thing to do, i need to keep my pride and dignity.
People who have not experienced this may say that does not make me eligible, but people who have will fully support my application.
There are abusers, but most places have procedures and rules to cut out these people. Besides, to a lot of people who get into the scheme, it doesnt make that much difference any way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)