Earrings are stupid and they look ugly (1 Viewer)

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Which imbecile came up with the idea of stabbing their earlobe with a sharp piece of metal and then dangling that piece of metal from their earlobe to make them look more attractive?

I personally think they look ugly and show how stupid people really are. I mean if I came up to you now and said "hey I want to pierce your flesh with a piece of metal in order to create some sort of decoration which would dangle from your unhealed flesh" you would probably look at me like I'm some kind of sick moron.

Yet, women and also some men have done so. Why are they so fucking stupid? More importantly when did it become a sign of "beauty" or enhancing somebodies aesthetic appeal? How does a piece of metal dangling from somebodies earlobe look attractive?

In my opinion that sort of self mutilation is on par with the plate lips and then long neck bangles and the small shoes that chinese women used to wear in the 19th and early 20th century.

It is fucking stupid.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
cough nutcase cough
I'm the nutcase? how am I the nutcase?

I'm not the one mutilating my body and then dangling pieces of metal from my unhealed flesh.

If you have earrings then you're the nutcase.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Did someone stab you with an earing today?
No. Nobody stabbed me with an earring.
Had I been stabbed with an earring though would that somehow make my contentions any less valid?

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
earrings are lovely on the right person.

dangly earrings very much enhance a long, elegant neck.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
earrings are lovely on the right person.
On the right person a piece of metal which is piercing somebodies earlobe and resting there in the unhealed, ruptured flesh is "lovely". Doesn't that sound ridiculous? I mean think about it.

I always wear earrings. Makes me feel more feminine.
How, knowing what you now know about what earrings are, can you say they make you more feminine? Why can't you just be yourself and knowing that you are a female know that doing so would make you more "feminine"?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
I've actually considered this myself. Yet I still always wear earrings.
Conformity...
No but seriously, it's good that you've considered it. Shows a level of intelect which is not present in some of the more absent minded women on these forums.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Piercings DO heal after a certain length of time, y'know.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
When I said they were ugly, that was considered a personal opinion. But when I explain the facts of what a "piercing" actually is that is not a personal opinion. If you find bits of metal piercing human flesh to be aesthetically pleasing then there is some sort of underlying psychological problem there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)