Early offer (1 Viewer)

aleks9797

HSC
Hey guys i put my first preference as a high atar one which (hopfully i get in) i might not get in. My atar is 82 and i should be able to get into a 67 course like commerce without a problem. However, if i dont get into my first preference course for the early offer, will they move down the list or will they not send out an offer at all? Still worried whether i might have just stuffed myself over

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Early offer - you'll get it, don't stress
Will it go down the list? - No. Firstly, because you'll get your first pref. Secondly, early round this year only takes first pref into account.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Just to add to this; during Main Round all preferences will be considered equally (other rounds only consider first preference):

Quote from UAC: "Are all my preferences given equal consideration? If I have something as my ninth preference, will it get considered in the same way as someone who has it as their first preference?

Yes. If you're not selected for your first preference, you'll be considered equally with all other eligible applicants for your second preference and so on. Your chance of being selected for a particular course isn't decreased because you placed a course as a lower order preference. You won't be selected for a course just because you entered that course as a higher order preference.

For example: Anna doesn't qualify for an offer to the courses she has listed as preferences 1, 2 or 3, and has course 116677 as preference 4. Anna is eligible and more competitive than Blair and Catriona, who have both listed course 116677 as their first preference. Anna, therefore, receives an offer ahead of Blair and Catriona."

All the Best!

aleks9797

HSC
im going for a subject which cut off was 90 last year and i will have 92 (including bonus 10 points). Praying it is enough

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
What sort of fucking name is Catriona?!

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hey guys i put my first preference as a high atar one which (hopfully i get in) i might not get in. My atar is 82 and i should be able to get into a 67 course like commerce without a problem. However, if i dont get into my first preference course for the early offer, will they move down the list or will they not send out an offer at all? Still worried whether i might have just stuffed myself over

Hi, If you are not eligible for your first preference, UAC will simply go down your list of preferences until they can find a course that you are eligible to receive an offer for. If you have any further questions, please contact us on 1300 897 669 or on study@uws.edu.au. Best regards, Team U.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)