early february round question? (1 Viewer)

smartalec

HSC
hey guys,
so as my preferences I stupidly put the course with the higher atar as my first preference and the course I really want to do as my second preference. there is a good chance I might get into my first preference (although I'm scraping by with bonus points) and while I wouldn't mind doing that course, I'm more passionate about my second. anyway, I was wondering if I was offered my first preference , would I be able to accept it and still apply for early February? then if I was offered an early February offer for my second preference could I accept that and subsequently reject my original accepted offer? thanks guys!

a037422944

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes just accept it and then change your preferences straight away and:
-if you do get an offer in the second round just accept it also then notify the first institution you want to subsequently decline
-if you dont get an offer then you still have your first round preference

the only thing is if your course will be offered in the second round, whether there were vacancies after the first round

smartalec

HSC
Yes just accept it and then change your preferences straight away and:
-if you do get an offer in the second round just accept it also then notify the first institution you want to subsequently decline
-if you dont get an offer then you still have your first round preference

the only thing is if your course will be offered in the second round, whether there were vacancies after the first
round
thanks heaps! :) my first pref is extremely competitive and there is rarely vacancies afterwards and in the past few years my second preference has actually gone down atar wise so hopefully it will work out. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)