Early Entry. How do they estimate your UAI?? (1 Viewer)

Jess_L

3rd Year UOW Student
HSC
Hey, I just went to Wollongong two days ago for an information day about Population Health and to hand in my early entry. I want to get in SO bad, its a great Uni and i've wanted to go there since the beginning of High School.

Just wondering though, a lady said how early entry was based on an estimated UAI if we got higher than 77 we get early entry but if not it may only be conditional. How do they estimate the UAI's when they dont have our assessment marks.
My Exam marks and rankings for the Trials are:

English 69% 1/36

Legal Studies 82% 1/8

General Maths 72% 2/33

Music 1 75% 2/6

Pe/health/pd 67% 2/18

Biology 48% 2/5

Any ideas what my UAI might be, and if I have any chance on getting in on early entry!!!! Coz I want it SO bad.

Last edited:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Well your teacher must be uber strict, because I'm unsure as to how one would be ranked second and yet get twenty-eight percent (well, I know someone like that, but first got eighty-seven, and there were only two people in the class).

You'll need to say what English you're in, and also, we're not UAI esitmators. You'd have to ask in another forum for your UAI. Also, a lot of us are Informatics/Law students. There are a few Commerce and Science students too. I don't know how accurate we'd be.

Sorry. :(

Kimmi_R

use the SAM on this site, you put your subjects in and your trial marks and it gives you an estimated uai. its not all that acurate but it could help you. the only prob with rank is its against the rest of the state eg you got second in pd/h/pe with 67% out of 18 ppl, however my school has 2 pe classes, bout 58 ppl and the 1st rank person trial mark was 87, so its hard to tell where you would be in the state by your tank at school. its too confusing for me to understand!:)

santaslayer

HSC
Jess_L said:
Hey, I just went to Wollongong two days ago for an information day about Population Health and to hand in my early entry. I want to get in SO bad, its a great Uni and i've wanted to go there since the beginning of High School.

Just wondering though, a lady said how early entry was based on an estimated UAI if we got higher than 77 we get early entry but if not it may only be conditional. How do they estimate the UAI's when they dont have our assessment marks.
My Exam marks and rankings for the Trials are:

English 69% 1/36

Legal Studies 82% 1/8

General Maths 72% 2/33

Music 1 75% 2/6

Pe/health/pd 67% 2/18

Biology 48% 2/5

Any ideas what my UAI might be, and if I have any chance on getting in on early entry!!!! Coz I want it SO bad.
90.00+ for preliminary estimation. Depends significantly on final examination results. Your case is a bit more difficult in that your ranks and percentages do not match all that well. :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
They just have a stab in the dark like everyone else does when estimating... it's more guesstimation.

Pretty much they look at your mark and ranking and think either:
a) Hmm... smart cookie, guaranteed entry
b) Well her maths was a bit so so, so we'll make it conditional entry on her maths
c) Ummm... yeah...ummm... not really such a smart cookie... no entry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)