Early entry for ANU law (1 Viewer)

Image.jpg

HSC
Hey everyone,

I was interested in ANU law as an option. I was hoping to get early entry for it and was wondering what marks you should have in order to maybe receive an offer. If anyone has gotten into ANU law through early entry, your input would be extremely valued.

Thanks

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
idk someone at my school got it with pretty mediocre grades but then an extremely smart girl with basically straight A's didn't get it so I think its a bit random/down to your application

band6yesplease

HSC
Very good marks cause they give you a selection rank which determines it. Idk though I think the way they calculate it is a little bit backwards ngl but anyway. They also consider extra curriculars so get some really good ones under your belt

raspberriesandpears

HSC
Hi! I got into ANU law early entry this year, so I can give you some basic stats:
- I got 4 As and 2 Bs in Prelim + a B6 in Accelerated Maths Adv
- My school is ranked top 30 or so in NSW (they take your school rank to calculate your estimated selection rank)
- I put down 4 extracurriculars, mostly consisting of public speaking/academic comps

Hope that helps, and feel free to ask me any more specific questions if need be - good luck!

Image.jpg

HSC
Hi! I got into ANU law early entry this year, so I can give you some basic stats:
- I got 4 As and 2 Bs in Prelim + a B6 in Accelerated Maths Adv
- My school is ranked top 30 or so in NSW (they take your school rank to calculate your estimated selection rank)
- I put down 4 extracurriculars, mostly consisting of public speaking/academic comps

Hope that helps, and feel free to ask me any more specific questions if need be - good luck!
Thank you so much! Did you happen to place in the top 10, 5 or 3 for any of your subjects?

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
Hey everyone,

I was interested in ANU law as an option. I was hoping to get early entry for it and was wondering what marks you should have in order to maybe receive an offer. If anyone has gotten into ANU law through early entry, your input would be extremely valued.

Thanks
very very easy to get into. in my school everyone who applied got in, i got in w terrible prelims (mostly b's a couple of c's and a's) after applying as a joke (i wouldnt want to go to canberra or study law) but yeah i dont know anyone who didnt get in, and i know over 50 people who did

Image.jpg

HSC
very very easy to get into. in my school everyone who applied got in, i got in w terrible prelims (mostly b's a couple of c's and a's) after applying as a joke (i wouldnt want to go to canberra or study law) but yeah i dont know anyone who didnt get in, and i know over 50 people who did
Right thank you! Similar to @raspberriesandpears Did you come from a school like top 50 in the state or?

raspberriesandpears

HSC
Thank you so much! Did you happen to place in the top 10, 5 or 3 for any of your subjects?
For Year 11? In Year 11 I ranked first in Modern History and Extension 1 English, but I'm not sure if they get that information - I just gave them my school and they looked at my marks on my NESA account I presume? Take into account though I do humanities subjects which scale lower - if you're doing higher scaling subjects than I did your marks might not need to be as good

Image.jpg

HSC
For Year 11? In Year 11 I ranked first in Modern History and Extension 1 English, but I'm not sure if they get that information - I just gave them my school and they looked at my marks on my NESA account I presume? Take into account though I do humanities subjects which scale lower - if you're doing higher scaling subjects than I did your marks might not need to be as good
Right ok, I also do like mostly humanities subjects so I think it would be similar. Wait so my assumption was that you provide the uni with your report. Is it just your Year 10 and 11 marks?

raspberriesandpears

HSC
I did it a little while ago so I could be wrong, but I think if you go to a NSW school you just give them your student number and school and they can access your marks through NESA. I seem to remember they somehow gave you your selection rank through a combination of your NESA prelim marks and your school's ranking, although I'm not sure how accurate it'll be.

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
Right thank you! Similar to @raspberriesandpears Did you come from a school like top 50 in the state or?
yeah top 10. but still. i took a nap in my math ext prelim and got under 10%, in my prelims i also got under 50% in eco, math adv and physics. like im telling you i was ranked dead last/ near the bottom in 90% of my subjects, the bar is so low.

HSC
Hey, I'm not sure if my input is super helpful here but I did get into anu early entry for law (flexible double) and plan on accepting it (they have hella good international relations/security studies there!!!). Honestly, I think they focused more on school rank than anything else, because my results were nothing incredible and definitely unworthy of the selection rank they predicted me (that is, for year 11). I was pulling A / Bs in most subjects and didn't have any incredible rankings per say. I'm honestly still confused as to why they accepted me o_O. Although, I do think they are biased to those who take higher units of English (especially 4U) or history ext for law.

raspberriesandpears

HSC
Hey, I'm not sure if my input is super helpful here but I did get into anu early entry for law (flexible double) and plan on accepting it (they have hella good international relations/security studies there!!!). Honestly, I think they focused more on school rank than anything else, because my results were nothing incredible and definitely unworthy of the selection rank they predicted me (that is, for year 11). I was pulling A / Bs in most subjects and didn't have any incredible rankings per say. I'm honestly still confused as to why they accepted me o_O. Although, I do think they are biased to those who take higher units of English (especially 4U) or history ext for law.
That also totally could be true because i do both 4U English and History Extension!

band6yesplease

HSC
yeah top 10. but still. i took a nap in my math ext prelim and got under 10%, in my prelims i also got under 50% in eco, math adv and physics. like im telling you i was ranked dead last/ near the bottom in 90% of my subjects, the bar is so low.
the bar is low for people who go to top schools, respectfully. It's actually quite unfair ngl because if you don't go to a top school and get rejected even if you have good grades there's really nothing you can do about it.

Image.jpg

HSC
Right right thanks for that. I would really love to know more about how they calculate it

Image.jpg

HSC
bahahhaahahthe nap is crazy. Nah but coming from such a good school is agift fr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)