Earliest possible time for 1st yr student to transfer? (1 Viewer)

ffutsdoog

HSC
Hi, I made the mistake of putting engineering over commerce in UAC preferences for unsw. So this year I have no choice but stick with engineering and I'm wondering when is the earliest possible I can transfer and whether they will take into account only UAI or GPA or 50/50.

Thanks!

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
you can apply to uni ANY time. whether they accept u is another story.

spence

HSC
I don't think they offer midyear transfers for commerce. I may be wrong though

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
Usually for a Commerce course, you apply through UAC during the same time most HSC graduates of that year would.

So in your case....
You would apply around September-ish 2009 and wait until January of 2010 for a possible place at your desired university. Mind you, a B.Commerce transfer is much easier than one for Combined Law or Medicine, probably no explanation required there.

uac.aplcnt

HSC
You can transfer mid-year for some courses? What? So that means if a uni only does 4 units in one semester..and someone gets straight High distinctions..that means their points are really high that they can transfer to..something like Law?

uac.aplcnt

HSC
I said:

"You can transfer mid-year for some courses? What? So that means if a uni only does 4 units in one semester..and someone gets straight High distinctions..that means their points are really high that they can transfer to..something like Law?"

Someone said:

"end of first semester is UAI only iirc"

OHH, What? Because I am NOT THAT SURE but I heard from UWS that they allow for "transfers" to be done after 1 semester if you have enough of a mark to do so..yeah after half a year.

I think it depends on the institutions and their policies/rules in regards to changing universities if you wanted to or not. It looks like UNSW only judges on people's UAI in the half year..but then (I think) after 1 year - allow for their university marks to take over their uai if their uni marks are better.

Therefore it ALSO depends on the institution..right peoples?...PEOPLES? lol

uac.aplcnt

HSC
I said:

"You can transfer mid-year for some courses? What? So that means if a uni only does 4 units in one semester..and someone gets straight High distinctions..that means their points are really high that they can transfer to..something like Law?"

Someone said:

OHH, What? Because I am NOT THAT SURE but I heard from UWS that they allow for "transfers" to be done after 1 semester if you have enough of a mark to do so..yeah after half a year.

I think it depends on the institutions and their policies/rules in regards to changing universities if you wanted to or not. It looks like UNSW only judges on people's UAI in the half year..but then (I think) after 1 year - allow for their university marks to take over their uai if their uni marks are better.

*ahem*

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I wish I had a time machine. I'm thinking of sending you to Ekaterinburg in 1918. Maybe Auschwitz in 1944.

Just ask UAC, or better still, head to Centrelink, because i would rather you waste taxpayers money on that rather than HECS.

spence

HSC
I said:

Someone said:

If you've done less than 1 year FTE, then only your UAI is counted

HSC
Macq has a 1 semester transfer policy where either UAI or GPA is considered IIRC

iirc = if i recall correctly - indicates uncertainty, somewhat of a disclaimer

*sigh*

Do your own research

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Hah, then after that in the last columns it says this:

UAC will take into account both their academic record at tertiary level as well as their UAI. For students who have only completed up to six months of tertiary study and seek to reapply through UAC, they will be selected based on the best of their tertiary study or their UAI, whichever is higher
How cool :hat:

ffutsdoog

HSC
Sweet, so MacqU takes only higher of UAI or GPA for up to 6 months uni study. Is this the same for UNSW, USyd and other unis as well? Because I know for sure its not the case for UTS (they take UAI & GPA even if I've only done 6 months of tertiary study).

mandathepanda

HSC
Sweet, so MacqU takes only higher of UAI or GPA for up to 6 months uni study. Is this the same for UNSW, USyd and other unis as well? Because I know for sure its not the case for UTS (they take UAI & GPA even if I've only done 6 months of tertiary study).
I think for UTS, it depends on the faculty because I was told if I'd only done 6 months of tertiary study I'd only have my UAI taken into consideration.

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Thanks, if someone could confirm that'd be great. I thought it would only be poosible to transfer after 2nd semester.
I read somehwhere else on here before I think that yeah UNSW only considers ATAR/UAI for 1/2 yr study in any university.

Did'nt you just contradicted yourself and asked the same question again? Lol, you seemed to know the answer before and you asked the same question about UNSW..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)