Earlier HSC timetable scheme? (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
mm. apparently the hsc is beginning earlier for us this year.

i heard it from my teachers that it's going to start a week earlier. because of something like the term ending of finishing earlier then the other hsc.

im not 100% sure about the facts. but i am sure that my teachers at school stated on the hsc being closer.

i have 3 teaches that have supported this information.

whta u guys think?

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
at this point i don't really know lol. haven't really been thinking about the actual HSC exam as opposed to my half-yearlies. but yeah i think it will suck though as it takes off a week in which we could use for study !! ><"

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
This year's HSC apparently begins on the first week of Term 4 instead of the second week (like in previous years). It begins on a Thursday....WTF?! (In previous years it starts on a Monday) This sux.......

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
This year's HSC apparently begins on the first week of Term 4 instead of the second week (like in previous years). It begins on a Thursday....WTF?! (In previous years it starts on a Monday) This sux.......
ok is this really confirmed?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
It HSC begins on the 19th of October 2006, a THURSDAY, Term 4, Week1....
Why a Thursday?
No like.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
unistudent said:
ours began on october 17. so whats you guys complaining abt?
lol yeah!! a whole two days more to cram!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
but what was the reason why agaiN?

i forgot..

bassqueen16

HSC
because the board of studies takes pleasure in screwing us around, duh i would have thought that was obvious given all the gay syllabi...

HSC
N/A
ATTENTION CLASS OF 2006

Let me explain why I think this has happened.....

Because of something to do with the placement of Easter this year, term 1 has been lengthened to 11 weeks, instead of the usual 10.

This, in turn, has slightly put out the rest of the years term starting and finishing dates.

Now, the HSC to my knowledge usually starts Monday of Week 2, Term 4. If they were to do that this year, the HSC wouldn't be starting until the 23rd of October, and henceforth not finishing until around the 24th of November. This is obviously too late, as it's almost hitting December.

So, the BOS had to fiddle with the running dates. They probably felt it was unfair to move the HSC to Monday, Week 1, Term 4 - as in school week time the class of '06 would be missing out on an entire weeks worth of STUVAC.

So, the answer was to not move the HSC to Monday Week 1, or Week 2 - but start it on a day towards the end of Week 1.

Henceforth, the HSC is starting this year on Thursday the 19th of October (the end of Week 1) and finishing around Friday the 17th of November (the end of Week 5).

All clear now kiddies? :santa:

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
mmm k interesting. thanks; all clarfied now.

sooo english paper is on the firday 17th of november? okie dokes.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
sooo english paper is on the firday 17th of november? okie dokes.
English is always first up, paper 1 on 19th, not sure about paper 2 though. But I'm hoping it's on the Monday after the weekend.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Study Vaction - The period after your formal schooling finishes and before the HSC begins where you don't have to attend school and have the time off to study until HSC exams.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i believe that business studies was last ... i think.

or was it the 2nd last exam.. which is crap seeing that a lot of people do business studies.

nataliie

HSC
last years time table had economics on the last day,
business on the 2nd last day,
and hospitality on the 3rd last day.

if it's the same this year i think i'll have a mental breakdown. =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)