E12 Application Guide (1 Viewer)

ahri

HSC
Hi guys,

Just thought I would make this post since I am getting a LOT of PMs about advice for USYD's E12 application! I received an offer into the E12 program + my course in 2020 and I'm currently a 2nd year at uni now!

My main advice:
  • Have a well rounded application! Try to show that you are actively involved in the community and your interests in a variety of different activities (not just academics, think sports, volunteering, leadership etc.)
  • Clearly show your passion for what you're studying (eg I wanted to do Science / Medicine, so I tried to link to my previous volunteering roles that were relevant to that course). Also, try to link it to how this will contribute to your future career and even better why you would like to study at USYD specifically (if you can)
  • Try to sound authentic and genuine and definitely showcase your best side (any achievements or awards) but focus on the most important ones (so don't list everything you've done in high school since year 7, choose a few quality experiences to elaborate on rather than quantity)
  • Get good marks - this is kind of a given but it will definitely make your application stronger (a lot of the people that I met who received the awards had pretty high ATARs)

Feel free to comment below if you have any questions, unfortunately I might not be able to get back to all the responses since I've received a lot though sorry!

I've also attached my own application below! Please don't plagiarise, it really won't benefit you but hopefully it will give you more insight into what they're looking for!

Attachments

addictedtobubbletea

HSC
Hi! Thank you so much for this valuable resource!! I just wanted to ask, why did you include duke of ed as an academic achievement? should I do this too to show my well roundedness even though its not academic? Or was the question different in your year? Thank you!!

ahri

HSC
Hi! Thank you so much for this valuable resource!! I just wanted to ask, why did you include duke of ed as an academic achievement? should I do this too to show my well roundedness even though its not academic? Or was the question different in your year? Thank you!!
Haha, I just put it in academic because it was a school organised activity and involves some academic activities (eg report writing, and both my skill and volunteering activities were 'academic' based). If you want to include it I don't think it was detriment you in any way : )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)