E-commerce Engineering (1 Viewer)

CrazyMystic

HSC
Anybody from here doing/consdering to do this course?

What is it like? And how does it differ from other technology/business things like the Business Information Systems major in the B comm degree, or on the technical side from IT, software, computer degrees?

Also what sort of careers extend from this degree? (Esp if I decide to do a double degree making it a B comm/B E Comm engineering degree)

Thanks in advance

kartman

HSC
why does USYD offer these shitty eng degress like e-commerce?! its more like something you'd do at TAFE not something i thought a go8 uni like usyd would offer :\

Liberal Scum

Banned
HSC
kartman said:
why does USYD offer these shitty eng degress like e-commerce?! its more like something you'd do at TAFE not something i thought a go8 uni like usyd would offer :\
Yeah because you can really cram the necessary programming, circuitry, and marketing knowledge into a tafe diploma.

kartman

HSC
sorry but you need to have a look at the course structure

http://www.ee.usyd.edu.au/ebus/About.html

majority of it is business units with a sprinkling of circuit analysis and programming. I have no idea how that can be classified as a Engineering degree. :rolleyes:

I doubt you can get accredited as a Engineer by IEAust with that degree anyway.

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
kartman said:
Yeah its such a shitty degree that i just managed to beat all the electrical, telco, computer and software engos to come first amongst the females didn't I!

So that means eveyone in the school of EIE must be really retarded for and e-commerce engo to beat them doesn't it?

Last edited:

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
kartman said:
sorry but you need to have a look at the course structure

http://www.ee.usyd.edu.au/ebus/About.html

majority of it is business units with a sprinkling of circuit analysis and programming. I have no idea how that can be classified as a Engineering degree. :rolleyes:

I doubt you can get accredited as a Engineer by IEAust with that degree anyway.
Most of the circuit stuff has been taken out of the degree

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
CrazyMystic said:

What is it like? And how does it differ from other technology/business things like the Business Information Systems major in the B comm degree, or on the technical side from IT, software, computer degrees?

Also what sort of careers extend from this degree? (Esp if I decide to do a double degree making it a B comm/B E Comm engineering degree)

Thanks in advance
STAY away from the INFS major in commerce it is a load of crap i had to do INFS1000 as part of commerce and its a fucking joke it's a rip off of the ISYS major from BCST.

If you do it with commerce select either Rathmall's ELEC units (i can't believe im saying this) or units from the school of IT or a combination of both as part of your engineering electives!

mlando

HSC
CrazyMystic said:

Thanks in advance
for starts, EIE is getting rid of this course. if you aren't already enrolled you wont get enrolled. the reason being that it has too much in common with software engineering, so the two will be merged.

it has nothing to do with BIT or business. it is a software engineering course with a heavy emphasis on web based programming.

teehee

HSC
hey...
i actually do b eng (e-com)/ b com so thanks to all those people out there bagging it :D
i've done three years of it so far but i'm hoping to transfer next year.
mainly because it's extremely poorly managed by the faculty of eng and i guess in a way it has become a kind of joke of a degree.
the only real career path it could take you down is working in IT so i would suggest an actual IT degree or IT major instead.
altho it is good for those interested in engineering and not so interested in the physics/chem elements of it altho u will be extremely disadvantaged with no physics background, as i was.
i guess it just depends what your interested in and what your looking for, eg u may be better off with software eng since programming is such an big element of e-com.

anyways after all that aimless rambling my point is if u have any questions about it, feel free to ask me, since i have a little bit more of a clue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)