• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

e-business multimedia question (1 Viewer)

sdx91

HSC
I want to do comp125 in the 2nd semester.. except i already have 4 required units in the 2nd semester.. so therefore i have to do it in the 1st semester, except comp125 has a pre-req of comp115 and comp115 is only offered in the 1st semester lol.

so does this mean i need a waiver to do comp115 with comp125? or i have to do 5 units in the 2nd semester?

and will a waiver get approved for a 1st yr student? haha

thanks.

:eek:

X

xeuyrawp

I want to do comp125 in the 2nd semester.. except i already have 4 required units in the 2nd semester.. so therefore i have to do it in the 1st semester, except comp125 has a pre-req of comp115 and comp115 is only offered in the 1st semester lol.

so does this mean i need a waiver to do comp115 with comp125? or i have to do 5 units in the 2nd semester?

and will a waiver get approved for a 1st yr student? haha

thanks.

:eek:
Completely depends... You can either do 115 in first semester (which it appears you can't), get a waiver like you said (which you may get depending on what you've done), or unless you had a UAI of around >95.

You'll get people here who'll tell you both extremes - "no you can't" and "yes you can", but it 100% depends on which academic advisor you speak with and their opinion of what you've done.

On the flip side of this coin, you cant just consider if you are permitted to do this, you need to consider if you are capable of doing this; usually prerequisites are there for a reason. In this case, maybe it'd be a good idea to do it the way they recommend.

sdx91

HSC
haha thanks :D

how many electives do i need to complete during the 3yr course? =\
do they have to add up to 8cr points or something? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)