Dying Forum (1 Viewer)

butterflybird

HSC
Ah this forum had been so lively for a little while there, yet now.. it is quite forlorn.
So... gearing up for the rest of the Italian exams? Any advice on what/how to study? Mine generally involves listening to italian music or watching italian tv. I guess there's also practice questions and stuff, but I tend to ignore them :S.
Yay! Forum! Excitement! Reply! heheh..

HSC
Hahahahaha I know it is so quiet. Generally I listen to the radio or watch the Italian News, but I tend to focus on the reading and writing as that is my strong point as opposed to listening. The Italian Continuers Exam is my last exam!

mcbec

HSC
r u serious??? italian continuers ur LAST?! u finish on the 25th oct??? man i thought i finished early... i finish 27th oct with PE... ur the first person ive found who finishes b4 me lol!! but thats good tho, i reckon its good finishing early coz its all over n done with!!

hey butterflybird - i listen to italian music too! have u heard laura pausini?? shes really good... she sings well, n her lyrics are quite easy to understand... she has an album called "Tra te e il mare"... i picked it up for $3 at a garage sale a few months back lol... i also listen to the italian news, but a lot of it is too fast for me to understand, and a lot of the words i dont know because they go on about politics n stuff i dont even noe about in english let alone italian lol.

HSC
Yeah I am actually looking forward to the exam, I hope it is a straight forward one. I know a lot of people who have their exams close together and then one 1-2 weeks later. I remember when I first saw the timetable for my exams, I was like "OH MY GOD". Anyways, I try to listen to the Italian news, but like you said it is fast, however I do recognise some vocabulary but that is also when I look at the pictures to give a clue. I also try to read some articles in the La Fiamma newspaper, which is interesting. I wonder why this thread is so........lifeless.......

butterflybird

HSC
gah?! last exam?!... i was happy finishing a week and a half later than that :p
Rightio, some italian music i own *coughordownloadedcough*
Articolo 31
Nek
Luca Dirisio
Vasco Rossi
Elisa (even though she sings in english?)

i also found this 'la befana vien di notte' cd in dick smith i think.. it has all these kids songs which are HILARIOUS.. like the smurfs and power rangers themes in italian... "paow-ehr reng-ehrs" (thats me trying to type an italian accent)

HSC
Hahahaha, how funny, I feel a new type of listening task for the HSC coming on. But what about Eros Ramazzotti/Ramazotti? However you spell it, he has a beautiful voice.

belpen

Hey guys - I hope it's straightforward too...
Personally I'm a bit of fan of Italian opera-esque singers - the song "Caruso" sung by Bocelli makes me rather um, 'emotional' lol.
I finish on the last day of the HSC - and I have week of hell in week 3...blah...
A girl in my italian class finishes on the tuesday of Italian as well! God she's a lucky kid... Anyway, any exam thoughts? I'd die if it was a competition entry for R&R.

butterflybird

HSC
belpen said:
I'd die if it was a competition entry for R&R.
Errr? I have never encountered that possibility or had it mentioned to me. Ever. Our ones are invariably letters and emails about school or holidays or something to a penfriend.
At least we get dictionaries hehe.

belpen

Hey, we got a competition entry last year in yr 11 half yearlies, and trials last year was entrance to a competition - you had to talk about music (EEK!) - it can happen, but it's one of those really cruel ones, I'm hoping for a letter, or an e-mail...those ones with two emails back and forth are evil though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)