dweliing over subjects and the uai (1 Viewer)

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
hi guys
well im here dwelling over my subjects if thwey are gud enouf to get a uai of 94 and over....
tell me wot u fink
i cnt really change them mabe go 2 extention but my head teach for maths was a stingy bastard and said id struggle in maths and in my last assess (1st ass for yr 12) i bet the whole grade 2 and 3u kids and most of the 3u kids are overeas imports dat have done skool overseas...
ok here are my subz
adv eng...(2 late 2 do ext?)
business studies
IPT
chemistry
biology
2u maths...

7minute

HSC
If you work hard and get good results in any combo of subjects, you should be able to get 94+.

claudia_p

HSC
Yaz88 said:
hi guys
well im here dwelling over my subjects if thwey are gud enouf to get a uai of 94 and over....
tell me wot u fink
i cnt really change them mabe go 2 extention but my head teach for maths was a stingy bastard and said id struggle in maths and in my last assess (1st ass for yr 12) i bet the whole grade 2 and 3u kids and most of the 3u kids are overeas imports dat have done skool overseas...
ok here are my subz
business studies
IPT
chemistry
biology
2u maths...
unless you improve your english, you'll be lucky to get 34, let alone 94
seriously, i hav nothing against 'net-speak' but ^^^ is just too hard to understand. if you want people to help you and offer you advice, at least make your questions reader-friendly

but apart from that... if you do well in all those subjects, there's no reason why you can't get 94 or even higher. don't worry about how your 1st term assessments were, they count for nothing and you can make it up later easily.

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
yer they do if they are worth like 25%....

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
isnt it harder to get 94+ if u go 2 a public...shit skool? or near impossible

Trev

stix
HSC
lol, it doesnt really matter what school you go to, your only disadvantages if your not taught the correct curriculum, or taught properly really. a hole of a town near mine (wauchope) public school a chick got 98.95 uai, better than my school which went the best in the surrounding region or wateva, is catholic the highest was only 97.45

Plebeian

Yaz88 said:
hi guys
tell me wot u fink
ok here are my subz
business studies
IPT
chemistry
biology
2u maths...
If you do well in these subjects, you can easily get 94+. Doing extension maths or English does not magically guarantee you a higher UAI, btw. If you do badly in subjects that scale well, you will get scaled down just like everyone else.

elisabeth

HSC
Juju15 said:
isnt it harder to get 94+ if u go 2 a public...shit skool? or near impossible
Bullshit. My school is nothing special and out dux got 99.2. If you're very determined to do well in the HSC and you have shitty teachers, you'll do a lot of learning and revision on your own, with the help of textbooks, internet resources, past papers and so on, and blitz it.

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
Techie said:
If you do well in these subjects, you can easily get 94+. Doing extension maths or English does not magically guarantee you a higher UAI, btw. If you do badly in subjects that scale well, you will get scaled down just like everyone else.

wot if u get like average marks in ext subz like u get 60-70 and get in the 90s in 2u maths or eng wuldnt u get scaled up....also ....c how u guys said the 1st few assessments dnt reeally matter well wot does matter? the hsc exam and ur trials?

7minute

HSC
Yaz88 said:
wot if u get like average marks in ext subz like u get 60-70 and get in the 90s in 2u maths or eng wuldnt u get scaled up....also ....c how u guys said the 1st few assessments dnt reeally matter well wot does matter? the hsc exam and ur trials?
The HSC exam and the trials definately matter a whole lot if you want good results. Your HSC exam mark and assessment mark are averaged to get your HSC mark, so you want as high an assessment mark as you can get to bring the average up. And for that you need to NOT stuff up in the trials.

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
wot if u f*ck up in ur first or 1 or 2 of ur assessments but ace ur other assessments and get like 90%?

7minute

HSC
Not if you can make up for it in the assessments you have left.

Stubes

One, Two, Step
HSC
It's such a relief to know that extension isn't everythihng as long as marks are reasonably high and consistant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)