Duval College (1 Viewer)

sonic1

HSC
Hey, Congrats too all u guys that have been accepted to UNE... And more importantly congratulations too all of u that have been accepted into Duval College. Im also a Duvalian and its hard to describe actually how awsome it is, really good choice guys... and as for Agronaut I was actually the person that gave u and ur parents the tour of Duval with one of my mates, great to hear that u enjoyed it hey... well guys if ya wanna talk bout duval or have any q's to ask just put em here ey... oh just for all u new guys ill be on the o'week committee and it is an awsome awsome week planned....

sonic1

HSC
Yeah the other guy wasnt tim it was scott and that was me i was the one with the spikey hair... yeah u kinda did give ya self away hey much like i just did, great self example. um yeah i knew it was u wen u said u were doin BURP and that u deffered for a yr... i didn know my jokes were so good, just gettin bit of a big head there... yeah so u excited bout college

sonic1

HSC
mmm thats an extremely positive approach, mate seroiusly in oweek there are goin to be that many ppl and that much goin on that attempting to determine who was in a chat room is usually the furtherest from ur mind... and anyway i could trip ova u on the street and not know ya from a bar of soap.... so are ya still doin BURP casuse u wernt to sure

sonic1

HSC
yeah okkkk. just tryin to reasure u that wat happens on a chat room doesnt reflect into reality... anyway good choice on the b/ bus. im doin b/bus/law right now so yeah great choice fun stuff???? mmm but thew economics side to me is kinda scary.. but its ok

$a®e

HSC
hey...i applied to duval hopefully im in i got SRAS...and am goin to do b/bus/law...hows the course? totally sucks there was a stuff up between une n uac with gettin an early acceptance offer thru...gotta wait till 4th jan for my sras to come thru..

addybake

HSC
Duval

Hey there. You should receive a letterfrom the JRC, whish is our student club very soon. Returning students have started receiving theirs. In it it should tell you what you need for the week and the term.

See yas in O Week!!!

Spikeru

St. Mère Église church tower, danglin....
HSC
2 X Carton, Beer

2 X Bottle, Vodka, 650ml

2 X Bottle, Orange Juice, 2 Litre

1 X Bottle, Absinth, 650ml

12 X Egg, Chicken

1 X Roll, Toilet

1 X Jacket, Field, OD7

1 X Helmet, Viking, Two Horned

2 X Slipper, Bunny, Pink, Furry

1 X Underwear

1 X Cape

Close enough?

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
since Duval is fully catered what do we need to bring?
I know the general stuff - computer, tv clothing etc but what about sheets - pillows etc, do we have to bring a chair for the desk?

also what is the internet like - is it broadband - what speed? and download limits etc

and what is the atmosphere at Duval like - hard-core partying (like I've heard St Albies can be)?

i got my phone call on thursday afternoon and the lady said she will be sending the forms out tomorrow (friday), i expect them to arrive monday, maybe tuesday.

The lady said as long as i get the papers back by next friday then itd be fine. The issue is if i wanted to pay by cheque how am i supposed to fill the forms in, get any questions answered, etc and then send them back to them for them to receive them by friday - even with express post the papers wouldnt get there by friday.

Mail takes about 2-3 business days to get to non-local nsw. And thursday is a public holiday - my mum is coming home late wednesday night so even if we fax them on wednesday night with creit card no. Duval wont get them until friday anyway.

Does anyone else have this problem?

azza_3761

HSC
i got into Duval too.... has anyone else gotten an enrolment guide whichs ays we are suppose ta have a Student Enrolment Form through whcih we r meant to have enrolled in our units for 2006 (the booklet says by 30 Nov 2005 for 1st Semester units in 2006). r we s'pose to have done this already or do we do this first week. Can anyone clariffy?

Last edited:

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
azza_3761 said:
i got into Duval too.... has anyone else gotten an enrolment guide whichs ays we are suppose ta have a Student Enrolment Form through whcih we r meant to have enrolled in our units for 2006 (the booklet says by 30 Nov 2005 for 1st Semester units in 2006). r we s'pose to have done this already or do we do this first week. Can anyone clariffy?
nah that's for returning students - new students enrol in o'week...

addybake

HSC
Argonaut - as for what you need for oweek you should receive a letter really soon, if you have not yet received it from the JCR, which is our student club outlining everything you need for the week and a timetable of the weeks activities.

Azza - First year students enroll during oweek. People from our oweek committe and your academic mentor normally take you up to do your enrollment, i think it is on the wednesday of oweek.

As for ellies question about what you need and stuff, your room is equiped with everything you need - you have a desk chair and your bed comes with sheets, dooner, pillow etc. The sheets are washed once a week. Some people choose to use their own sheets etc, but that is your choice. The internet is connected to the university network, so you need a network card. It is really fast. As for the atmosphere i personally love duval! I have lived there for three years, this year will be my fourth and have loved every minute. As we are a smaller college you get to know everyone and as you will have no more than 8 or so people on your floor it is like a family. Its awesome!!!! As for getting your mail up there, if you ring the office and explain the situation they are normally really accomodating. I think they are just trying to push everyone through because the year starts alot earlier this year. So returning students like myself have to be back on wednesday next week. Any way hope this helps. See yas in oweek.

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
ballerinabarbie said:
lol what have u heard about albies?? i'm curious to know...
i dont know the people themselves but i heard stories from my cousin, whose boyfriend lives (or used to - i'm not sure) at St Albies.

Stories such as the guys peeing in the hallways, doing nude runs through the place, trashing peoples room (but no damage) - she said thats what its like - kind of a cult type atmosphere

addybake said:
The internet is connected to the university network, so you need a network card. It is really fast.
what is a network card? where could i get one that would suit Duval's service - and how do i know that my computer would be able to have a network card? would there be a special slot or something?

Last edited:

Danoz The Great

HSC
Duval is my second choice, Earle Page will be my first.

I heard some crazy shit like that about Robb college, elissa. Stuff like drunk guys throwing the VCR's everywhere :s

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
elissa said:
i dont know the people themselves but i heard stories from my cousin, whose boyfriend lives (or used to - i'm not sure) at St Albies.

Stories such as the guys peeing in the hallways, doing nude runs through the place, trashing peoples room (but no damage) - she said thats what its like - kind of a cult type atmosphere
peeing in the hallways - never seen or heard of that happening (well maybe when the boys are very drunk and they forget where the toilet is, but thats VERY rare)
nude runs - yes they do that all the time, you get used to it after about 3 days
and yeah they do 'turf' boys rooms but they don't damage it - just things like pulling all their clothes out of the cupboards, turning mattresses upside down etc. sometimes they'll even move everything out of a person's room and set it up in a courtyard or something... however i'd say a lot of the time a room gets turfed to teach someone a lesson if they have done something stupid - just says 'pull your head in'

as for robb throwing vcr's around - i don't think that has happened (if it did it would have been drunken behaviour no doubt)

Danoz The Great

HSC
Argonaut said:
Did you hear it from another college? Because chances are they're competitive and so tend to gossip about the other. Rumour has a habit of multiplying the truth by 10 when it doesn't multiply it by 20.
No, I heard this from a couple of Robb girls.
Yeah, I noticed the competition on the open day.

addybake

HSC
what is a network card? where could i get one that would suit Duval's service - and how do i know that my computer would be able to have a network card? would there be a special slot or something?[/quote]

The internet is done through the university network and is the same for all colleges. Most new computers have one, however the IT shop on campus sells them, and they are generally cheaper than other places. You should however, in your offer pack from the college have all this info and things you need.

Hope this helps.

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
addybake said:
The internet is done through the university network and is the same for all colleges. Most new computers have one, however the IT shop on campus sells them, and they are generally cheaper than other places. You should however, in your offer pack from the college have all this info and things you need.

Hope this helps.
thanx, i didnt get the papers today through the mail - so i called them and the office faxed them through - so i tried finding the adapter address - as they suggest in the forms - and it came up saying the thing was unable to be found - so i started to worry - thinking that i'd have to get a network card before friday - but when my cousin came home he showed me where the network card was and he got the adapter address - doing his computery thing.So its all cool now.

All I have to worry about is getting the papers back by friday

oh with the electrical tagging thing - do i have to get that done before i send the papers in?

sorry that i have so many questions

addybake

HSC
elissa said:
oh with the electrical tagging thing - do i have to get that done before i send the papers in?

From my work on oweek committee last year, a lot of first year students handed their form in as they arived at college and signed in. I dont think it would be a problem if you did the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)