Dutch Politician Suggests to Ban the Quran (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Re: Ban Quran

onebytwo said:
murder?
rich guys killing poor guys vs. poor guys killing rich guys?
You can't equate murder to material wealth though, because killing someone has little to no effect upon other wants that people might have, and its nature is generally such that it occupies its own position on a person's value scale, which will be higher or lower depending on their circumstance (i.e. psychological factors, whether revenge is an issue, etc).

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A

onebytwo said:
murder?
rich guys killing poor guys vs. poor guys killing rich guys?
Wealth is not a necessary factor of murder.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC

Stevo. said:
They can't attack if Muslims aren't allowed into the country.
And the already existant muslim population in almost every country....?

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC

MaNiElla said:
um, i really dont see any hints of logic what so ever in your posts. If you really do have a bit of logic in you, you'd realise that a small minority doesnt really have the power to "destroy Australian culture and values" I dont really muslims affecting any of the poeple around them. As in, i havent seen any non-muslim australians walking around wearing a hijab or anything. So dont post rubbish just for the sake of posting.
Islam in itself bears an arabic culture integrated into the actual religion. In this sense, the spread of Islam has also spread arabic culture across the middle east and some parts of Asia. The fact that the Qu'ran can't be interpreted into any other language is just one example of how arabic culture (the aspect of language in this case) is preserved through Islam. Over the past centuries, the spread of Islam has resulted in the abolishment of other middle-eastern cultures (e.g persian, egyptian and so on) to be replaced by an arabic culture.

When you think about this, you see that western values, the ones upheld by the likes of Australia, America and Europe do conflict with Islamic values and vice versa. As muslims believe that an Islamic way of life is the arguably superior way of life (and they do, thats what they believe), if a majority or even a sizable portion of muslims were to gather large enough numbers in western countries, they could threaten western values simply by imposing their culture on others. Western cultures have been forced on muslims in the past (Turkey in the early 19th century is a good example), so the opposite can easily happen).

So there is logic in some arguments here, but banning the Qu'ran is not the way to go. That being said, its not easy deciding how to deal with a situation like this.

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

S1M0 said:
Islam in itself bears an arabic culture integrated into the actual religion. In this sense, the spread of Islam has also spread arabic culture across the middle east and some parts of Asia. The fact that the Qu'ran can't be interpreted into any other language is just one example of how arabic culture (the aspect of language in this case) is preserved through Islam. Over the past centuries, the spread of Islam has resulted in the abolishment of other middle-eastern cultures (e.g persian, egyptian and so on) to be replaced by an arabic culture.

When you think about this, you see that western values, the ones upheld by the likes of Australia, America and Europe do conflict with Islamic values and vice versa. As muslims believe that an Islamic way of life is the arguably superior way of life (and they do, thats what they believe), if a majority or even a sizable portion of muslims were to gather large enough numbers in western countries, they could threaten western values simply by imposing their culture on others. Western cultures have been forced on muslims in the past (Turkey in the early 19th century is a good example), so the opposite can easily happen).

So there is logic in some arguments here, but banning the Qu'ran is not the way to go. That being said, its not easy deciding how to deal with a situation like this.
That was in a state of war. Migrants dont have the power to abolish your culture for you. Unless YOU give them explicit permission to brag on about their views, they cannot, forcefully impose their values/beliefs onto you. You might get affected by what they say after you hear it, then that will be your own fault and not theirs. If you are completely confident in your beliefs, there there should be no need for you to worry about them affecting you, unless you realise that they're right.

As for them thinking that their religion and values are the superior way of life, then you have to realise that everyone thinks that what they believe in is arguably the best too. Jews think that they are gods most beloved, superior, chosen ones, etc. So its not just muslims. You yourself must also think that your belief is the best one too. If other people dont think that their religion is the most superior, then the whole world would be muslim imo.

Last edited:

Gosford

HSC
Just spent 20 mins reading through some of these hilarious and racist posts
“even if it incites violence, hatred and violence towards women in general, and non believers?”
By Ennaybur
Ah… it doesn’t, treats woman with due respect, and as well as that, does not prohibit Christians etc. to carry out beliefs. I was talking to am slim friend of mine, and part of their rules of war are ‘cant kill women, children or elderly as well as any innocent people, also don’t destroy any infrastructure, even churches”
So get ur facts right mate

“Because it bothers other people who don't follow the same religion and that is an unwanted violation of their freedom.” (iamsickofyear12 )
You are saying that Islam bothers people. Judism bothered the Nazi’s, the jews were killed of. The holocaust has been widely viewed as one of the mkost horrific things ever. Wouldn’t this be the same thing
Im sure hitler didn’t kill off jews for fun, but also to make the world a better place.
I’m sure a lot of people’s beliefs bother others, so that is a STUPID statement to make! For me personally what bothers me (not having a dig at ne1), is atheists. I believe in GOD like all Muslims, Christians, jews etc. I mean I do biology and we study the way the human body works, so perfectly in sync, we study meiosis, such a wonder how humans can reproduce so often considering the fragile process. Looking up at the stars each night, BEAUTIFUL!. I personally don’t think that all these wonders and much more are by chance.

“ome of us should think before opening our mouths a little. I mean how can you justify banning a religion of almost 2 billion based on the actions of the few. As a muslim, i believe any good, knowledgable muslim would condemn klling and bombing innocents. There are black sheeps in any community. Dont judge a religion by the followers , as we dont see all christians being as good as Jesus, or all buddhists being like Buddha.”
CRANK-SHAFT
I agree 100%
My grandfather once said
“There are good Christians and bad Christians, good jews and bad jews, good muslims and bad muslms”

Originally Posted by iamsickofyear12
China is basically the biggest political power already.

Do you know what would be useful about now... a deadly pandemic... just through asia and the middle east thought. Would help out plenty.
One of your worst comments
How can u even be happy if a thinbg like that happened
Innocent human lives (mostly)
All u care is about NO.1

“People are way too quick to dismiss genocide as a solution to their problems. It is surprisingly effective.” imsickofyr12
people like you, maybe

“Aboriginals were compared to the British... the idea being that since Aboriginals were the majority they were better.
British people had houses - Aboriginals slept in the dirt and in caves.
British used agriculture to prevent starving - Aboriginals often ran out of food sources and because they had no agriculture they just let people die.
British had ships - Aboriginals had canoes
Guns - Spears
etc
I disagree. Everyone does not have an equal right to life. Some people are better than others.
But they wouldn't have houses. Could potentially starve to death. No access to medicine at all. Much shorter life spans.” imsickofyr12
Are u kidding me
Do u not have any feelings for others
U r a ruthless person

Racial criticism is more dislike than hate and is for a real reason - "I don't like black people because they commit so many crimes."
imsickofyr12
Yea sure like there is a difference
Stereotypes
U just have problems with anyone not like you
Minorities like u r the problem
that’s where the hatred starts
Maybe stop to think about urself for a moment
U are ignorant and arrogant and should shut ur mouth before u say anything else more stupid
U have had goes at muslims, Asians, black people, aborignals
Get a life!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

MaNiElla said:
That was in a state of war. Migrants dont have the power to abolish your culture for you. Unless YOU give them explicit permission to brag on about their views, they cannot, forcefully impose their values/beliefs onto you. You might get affected by what they say after you hear it, then that will be your own fault and not theirs. If you are completely confident in your beliefs, there there should be no need for you to worry about them affecting you, unless you realise that they're right.
Technically if there's enough migrants, and a majoritarianist system in place, they can force views onto me without influencing anyone who already resides in the country.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC

Snaykew said:
Wow, "some" became "usually". Wow, I must not know western culture and all my relatives too. Damn man, where did I learn my love for vegemite, American TV and a fair go for everyone? Obviously most of my relatives are "usually" closed off from Western culture. We ban our kids from watching normal television too! We brainwash them with 24/7 Asian soapies.
I think you really missed the point of my posts. Perhaps you should read it again? And I envy your parents if they adopt Western culture, whatever you may think that is. I never said that your parents were incapable of it. Although my observation has room to be incorrect, I still feel that it is an educated one to say that most asian parents find difficulty in adopting aspects of western culture, especially when it comes to their children who would find it easier.

Also, I would appreciate if you weren't so hostile and sarcastic if you still don't agree. Also, I wrote what I wrote as an example. If you have a problem with my moderating, which is why I brought it up, please PM me (and if that does not satisfy you, PM an admin) and not write it here.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Gosford said:
Just spent 20 mins reading through some of these hilarious and racist posts
“even if it incites violence, hatred and violence towards women in general, and non believers?”
By Ennaybur
Ah… it doesn’t, treats woman with due respect, and as well as that, does not prohibit Christians etc. to carry out beliefs. I was talking to am slim friend of mine, and part of their rules of war are ‘cant kill women, children or elderly as well as any innocent people, also don’t destroy any infrastructure, even churches”
So get ur facts right mate

“Because it bothers other people who don't follow the same religion and that is an unwanted violation of their freedom.” (iamsickofyear12 )
You are saying that Islam bothers people. Judism bothered the Nazi’s, the jews were killed of. The holocaust has been widely viewed as one of the mkost horrific things ever. Wouldn’t this be the same thing
Im sure hitler didn’t kill off jews for fun, but also to make the world a better place.
I’m sure a lot of people’s beliefs bother others, so that is a STUPID statement to make! For me personally what bothers me (not having a dig at ne1), is atheists. I believe in GOD like all Muslims, Christians, jews etc. I mean I do biology and we study the way the human body works, so perfectly in sync, we study meiosis, such a wonder how humans can reproduce so often considering the fragile process. Looking up at the stars each night, BEAUTIFUL!. I personally don’t think that all these wonders and much more are by chance.

“ome of us should think before opening our mouths a little. I mean how can you justify banning a religion of almost 2 billion based on the actions of the few. As a muslim, i believe any good, knowledgable muslim would condemn klling and bombing innocents. There are black sheeps in any community. Dont judge a religion by the followers , as we dont see all christians being as good as Jesus, or all buddhists being like Buddha.”
CRANK-SHAFT
I agree 100%
My grandfather once said
“There are good Christians and bad Christians, good jews and bad jews, good muslims and bad muslms”

Originally Posted by iamsickofyear12
China is basically the biggest political power already.

Do you know what would be useful about now... a deadly pandemic... just through asia and the middle east thought. Would help out plenty.
One of your worst comments
How can u even be happy if a thinbg like that happened
Innocent human lives (mostly)
All u care is about NO.1

“People are way too quick to dismiss genocide as a solution to their problems. It is surprisingly effective.” imsickofyr12
people like you, maybe

“Aboriginals were compared to the British... the idea being that since Aboriginals were the majority they were better.
British people had houses - Aboriginals slept in the dirt and in caves.
British used agriculture to prevent starving - Aboriginals often ran out of food sources and because they had no agriculture they just let people die.
British had ships - Aboriginals had canoes
Guns - Spears
etc
I disagree. Everyone does not have an equal right to life. Some people are better than others.
But they wouldn't have houses. Could potentially starve to death. No access to medicine at all. Much shorter life spans.” imsickofyr12
Are u kidding me
Do u not have any feelings for others
U r a ruthless person

Racial criticism is more dislike than hate and is for a real reason - "I don't like black people because they commit so many crimes."
imsickofyr12
Yea sure like there is a difference
Stereotypes
U just have problems with anyone not like you
Minorities like u r the problem
that’s where the hatred starts
Maybe stop to think about urself for a moment
U are ignorant and arrogant and should shut ur mouth before u say anything else more stupid
U have had goes at muslims, Asians, black people, aborignals
Get a life!
does anyone understand this post? it makes no sense, learn to use the quote feature.

Gosford

HSC
jb_nc said:
does anyone understand this post? it makes no sense, learn to use the quote feature.
I couldnt get the quote feature to work for multiple posts on different pages
and i didnt want to seperate the posts, would have taken longer

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Gosford said:
I couldnt get the quote feature to work for multiple posts on different pages
and i didnt want to seperate the posts, would have taken longer
Press quote, copy and paste the text with the
words[./QUOTE] of that window into the window where you are writing the message.

Snaykew

HSC
N/A

ur_inner_child said:
I think you really missed the point of my posts. Perhaps you should read it again? And I envy your parents if they adopt Western culture, whatever you may think that is. I never said that your parents were incapable of it. Although my observation has room to be incorrect, I still feel that it is an educated one to say that most asian parents find difficulty in adopting aspects of western culture, especially when it comes to their children who would find it easier.

Also, I would appreciate if you weren't so hostile and sarcastic if you still don't agree. Also, I wrote what I wrote as an example. If you have a problem with my moderating, which is why I brought it up, please PM me (and if that does not satisfy you, PM an admin) and not write it here.
Problem with your moderating? I don't see anything in my post implying "I disagree with your moderating". I was just pointing out the example was maybe exaggerated(the extent of the problem that is). I've never heard of any stereotype of Asian parents restricting their kids from adopting western culture, so I wonder what you based it on. Infact, I've heard quite the opposite, many people saying that Asians integrate easily into western society.

EmperorHirohito

HSC

Agreed. This evil book must be banned. Too many people have died already because of this book!

Sarajevo massacre, bali bombing, London bomb, WTC, madrid bomb, iraq war etc could have been avoided if this book does not exist!

Gosford

HSC

EmperorHirohito said:
Agreed. This evil book must be banned. Too many people have died already because of this book!

Sarajevo massacre, bali bombing, London bomb, WTC, madrid bomb, iraq war etc could have been avoided if this book does not exist!
u know nothing
it is forbidden in islam to hurt innocent people
there is NO DOUBT about that
we dont go around killing people because theyr different
only time permitted to kill is in self defence situations/war
even in war (which u could call last 5 years vaguely), they musnt kill innocents
soldiers sure(all's fair in war), but not tourists, not business people
Just as i am sure christians arent meant to do the same, yet George Bush doesnt seem to lose any sleep over bombing innocent people himself, except he justifies himself thru the media
The book isnt bad
a saying that i heard from islam
"If you kill a person (innocent), it is like you have killed all the peopl in the world"
people who do otherwise, thats straying just like christians do, just like jews do.
After spetember 11, the US conversion rates of americans to islam hit a record hgih rate. Do you want to know why?
Was it becoz they were scared, "if u cant beat them, join them"
NO!
They thought to themselves the same thing u were thinking to urself
these guys, they might try to kill me, my neighnour, the guy on the bus everyday etc.
they were worried just like you.
But unlike you, to which u slander, they went to the library, read the english translations of the quran. And guess what???
they were amazed, something that they read must have made sense to them
Between u and me
I dont think it was 'kill everyone!'

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Just because the Koran doesn't explicitly say "murder thy neighbour" doesn't mean that the religious fanaticism brought about by it hasn't killed people.

haji

HSC

MaNiElla said:
If you are completely confident in your beliefs, there there should be no need for you to worry about them affecting you, unless you realise that they're right.
great point i totally agree, thanx for puttin the record straight

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Just because the Koran doesn't explicitly say "murder thy neighbour" doesn't mean that the religious fanaticism brought about by it hasn't killed people.
Religious extremists usually kill other people. Except Buddhist extremists. They just kill themselves and no one else. :|

Gosford

HSC
withoutaface said:
but it doesnt even have that undertone
it doesnt have any secret messages
killing innocent people is just rong

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Gosford said:
but it doesnt even have that undertone
it doesnt have any secret messages
killing innocent people is just rong
yeah its no so much an undertone moreso the prevailing message

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)