Dusk - candle store... (1 Viewer)

django_

HSC
hey i was wondering...has anyone here got a job at the candle store, DUSK?
i was in burwood yesterday n just wen in and asked and they offered me a job at their new store in Rhodes, opening 6th December...

ive never worked in retail before lol so its kinda freaky..but the lady was really nice and yeh...

anyone here gotten a job for their new store? itd be interesting to see if anyone on here does :)

astro

HSC
i reckon it'll be pretty cool but the fragrances would be a little too much...a bit like Lush...

laney

HSC
wow!! rhodes shopping centre is opening on the 6th december?!?
that was so super fast in building the place - i did a project on the place and i think they were supposed to open mid this year, but i still think december is early! i'm. so. there.

django_

HSC
yeh im pretty sure its the 6th....lol a week or so after the 29th november?

man cant beleive ive got a job...kinda not exactly where i planned...i applied for like hmv n sanity...but yeh oh well candles r good haha

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
One of my friends used to work at the Maquarie store.. but she said the fumes were too much, coz that store didn't have proper ventilation... but other than that the job was good..

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
is the rhodes shopping centre the one being built right next to the railway line??? with ikea???

laney

HSC
yes, it's supposed to be massive too.
ikea's supposed to have a full, walk in house on their premisis.
it's a long way for me, but if it's as massive as i've heard it's supposed to be, i have to check this out

laney

HSC
natstar said:
What kinda Shops are in this place. How far is Rhodes from Blacktown
dude, it's a shopping centre. probably a wesfield. lots of shops. duh.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
My friend worked at Dusk. How can anyone bear being in that store for longer than 15 mins? The smell...!!

laney

HSC
natstar said:
Jeez, no need to be rude. I only asked.........
:p sorry, i just thought it was fairly obvious there would be a lot of different range of shops there :cool:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
natstar said:
How far is Rhodes from Blacktown
If ur going by train, switch at strathfield and head to the hornsby line via north strathfield, i'd say slightly over half an hour.

But if ur driving, i don't really know the way, but u have to go near homebush bay. but not 100% sure where abouts.

ShAdow_FaX

HSC
how do u start applying for jobs at the new rhodes shopping centre is it hasn't even opened yet????

like who do u call ???????????????

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Ive got a management position at one of the new stores at Rhodes, its not going to be a Westfield (no large chain stores either, no kmart, target, myer, david jones or anything like that). Its not going to be a particularly large centre, 3 floors and probably slightly smaller than somewhere like Burwood Westfield. The Ikea lays claim to over 1/3 of that space too, its gonna be the biggest in Australia, they're closing the Blacktown one and probably the Moore Park one somewhere in the future. My store is aiming to be open by the 26th, but chances are the centre is not going to be completed in time so 6th december is looking like the date.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
ShAdow_FaX said:
how do u start applying for jobs at the new rhodes shopping centre is it hasn't even opened yet????

like who do u call ???????????????
try looking up "rhodes" as a keyword in seek.com or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)