Dus music stimulate ur minds during study? (1 Viewer)

sxciris89

-B4NK41-
HSC
do you guys listen to music during study?
if so what type do you listen to?

most parents seem to have this solid view of music as a distraction
but i think some music with some subjects
actualy help the brain process information...

whats ur thoughts?

Kew

HSC
No, music distracts me.

I'm managing to live without it for now.. It's going pretty well.

However, it will sound so much better when I open my ears to it after having no presence of it for weeks! Can't wait. :)

lawrence.h

HSC
I can only listen to music while I do maths. Any other subject it just distracts me. I think it's just the systematic nature of maths that allows me to listen to music. And I do enjoy listening to music while I do maths. I don't think it helps at all, in fact it probably slows me down....but at least I like it.

I listen to pretty much anything, but if it's too noisy or rocky it does get a bit distracting. And if it's a song I really like I start to sing along or tap on the table or something and that distracts me as well (such as Money for Nothing by the Dire Straits "Money for nothin' and your chicks for free. That ain't workin, that's the way you do it...". I could sing that all day...)

HSC
I listen to radio, not loud enough to distract me, and the music is not always to my liking, so you don't get caught up in the songs.

Most study tips/guides etc say it's fine so long as it does not distract you from your studies.

sxciris89

-B4NK41-
HSC
hmmmm i derno i think trance... helps me alot wih maths o_O;;
and continual beat pplz may find real anoying buh the bass sound
jst keeps me in that consistant thought of mind wen solving problems

and for english listen to classical or music that dusn't speak a language i understand helps me cause it dun get the words mixxed up lol...

religion for sum reason... it dusnt go into my head if i have music...

ASNSWR127

HSC
oh hell yeah!

Rage Against the machine is the only thing to listen to when studying! especially for powerplays!

u-borat

Banned
HSC
erm coldplay, sigur ros, ef, orchestral pieces, the shins etc etc, anything soft and light alt/progressive rock

buddymcbudbud

HSC
to me, music while studying doesn't stimulate my mind. i don't gain pleasure from having my mind stimulated. what i do get enjoy while studying is the placement of my
phone, set on vibrate, placed under my pen and two sphere shaped erasers, on either side of the pen. this stimulates me just enough to study efficiently while achieving a rather great academic climax once done...studying.

HSC
buddymcbudbud said:
to me, music while studying doesn't stimulate my mind. i don't gain pleasure from having my mind stimulated. what i do get enjoy while studying is the placement of my
phone, set on vibrate, placed under my pen and two sphere shaped erasers, on either side of the pen. this stimulates me just enough to study efficiently while achieving a rather great academic climax once done...studying.
Hahaha, i knew something like this would come up.

sxciris89

-B4NK41-
HSC
but i'd rather listen to music... than listen to the back ground noise...
then at least there is onli ONE thing ur listening to
not
Tv, cars, cats fighting, ur parent's voice.. etc...

n if ur in library das like SUPER DUPER quiet...
like State library NSW
holy moly... das the onli place i felt real pressured to study casue
everyone else was lol
WITHOUT music..

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Love music while studying...
Anything loud and metal-esque.
BUT... not when trying to memorise quotes.

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
yeh. i listen to something like devildriver because its so tight, i don't have to think about it, its just constant so i get into a good study mode. heh, if that makes sense.

ktinn

HSC
Why would you spell "only" as "onli"? Dumb.

I can only study effectively when i listen to classical music - Dvorak, Beethoven, Grieg and the Symphonie Fantastique.

And no i don't usually listen to classical music, metal is my true love this ^^ is just good music.

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
ktinn said:
Why would you spell "only" as "onli"? Dumb.

I can only study effectively when i listen to classical music - Dvorak, Beethoven, Grieg and the Symphonie Fantastique.

And no i don't usually listen to classical music, metal is my true love this ^^ is just good music.

I acquiesce.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I can only listen to music while I do maths
Same here. Chuck on some post-rock, or acoustic guitar instrumentals (fingerstyle) and I'm smooth sailing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)