dunno if this should b here, but N E WAY i was wondering....how do u prepare for UNI? (1 Viewer)

gemini

Do u read books? Talk to students? Borrow notes?
How do u...or how can u get a headstart, esp. if ure the oldest child and uni is totally diff. to high school?........don't u start fresh again in uni?............:)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Prepare for uni in wat kinda aspect...?

If u really have nothing better to do in the time before uni starts, u can buy ur textbooks early and start reading them...but I don't see why u would want to 'prepare' for uni other than coming to the various orientation days/weeks at ur uni to meet ppl, and going to lectures that explain wat u will be learning in the 1st semester

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Don't buy textbooks before you start doing the work...textbooks cost a prety penny, so it's better to wait and see if your really need them before you rush out and spend up to $100+ on a book you don't need. Unless you know someone already doing the same course, then they could probably give you some advice. (and hopefully sell you some 2nd hand books too!)
The best way to prepare is to get it into your head that UNI will most likely be more work than high school (depending on your course, obviously, but I think this is true in most cases). Everyone told me that year 12 is the most work you will ever do. They lied. I am studying wayyyyy more than I ever did for the HSC, and only just scraping along...then times that frustration with the realisation of how much money it costs to be at UNI, and the fact that you will be hard pressed to find time to hold a part time job. My advice is to have a job in the break between school and UNI, and work as much as you can to get some money saved up...you will thank yourself a thousand times over when UNI starts, unlike me who just sat on her arse for 4 months and turned up to UNI with no money!:(

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Prepare for uni? Go to Open/Information Days and ask a zillion questions.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Take either Minai's or Cyph's suggestion ... Or you can just enjoy your holidays (and free your mind ;))!

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
learn to be able to hold your alcohol. if you're an arts/communication student it helps alot.

try and stay on top of things but, don't leave them to the last minute. it's not as easy to pull off as it was in year 12. i wish someone had told me that

yawwn

help me too

I really am In the same boat as the first person. First person to go to uni if i get in and i really don't know if i should work my holidays and get some money saved up or go overseas and blow the money i have or i should apply for a real job instead of the one i have at maccas, or whether i should just relax cause its the last time I will be able to do that.....

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
Do both: don't stop working , for eg. do some reading or whatever as well as whatever u wanted to do, eg. relax and travel or find a job....i suppose we'll have enough time to do both, work and relax. :)

kini mini

HSC
I didn't do anything to prepare for uni, I just enjoyed myself for four months :p

On the job side, it depends how much money you need, I know one guy who's still working at Maccas.

E

Emmerage

First you must forget everything you know

Secondly, save money for books and accommodation

Third, conn a decent stereo, tv and computer from your parents

Fourth, and most importantly, learn to sleep for 15 hours a day AND eat at least three meals. This is by far the most tricky aspect...

Of course, this probably only applies if you are doing humanities...:p

Em

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)