Dropping Subjects (1 Viewer)

fisa0227

HSC
Hi! I'm currently doing Ext Eng, Adv Eng, Maths 2u, Chemistry, Biology, Visual Art and Studies of Religion 1u. I'm contemplating whether to drop visual arts or studies of religion for next year. I enjoy visual arts and am quite good at it but I'm not sure I will have enough time for the major work whilst studying for high content subjects like Bio and Chem. Studies of religion I picked up to fill the 1 unit left from extension. I don't mind the subject but coming from not a very religious background I don't have a lot of background knowledge of quotes and real life examples. What would get me a better mark and would I be bale to cope with Art ? if so, is it realistic to achieve a band 5 or 6 in Art or is it extremely difficult?
Thank you !

k_2017

HSC
I am in Year 11 as well and dropping art as soon as I can..
Not only am I finding the theory a bit dull, I don't think I 3U+Physics+Art would make a great combination..
However if you enjoy it then definitely consider keeping :)

fisa0227

HSC
Thank you ! I think I tend to enjoy Art and get good marks in it so I think I'll keep it, thank you for the advice :)

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Thank you ! I think I tend to enjoy Art and get good marks in it so I think I'll keep it, thank you for the advice :)
Yeah for HSC it could be good to pick subjects you enjoy so that you take more interest and hence put more effort into it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)