Dropping My balls...Pls help with Atar estimate!!!!! (1 Viewer)

enisday

HSC
I am feeling sooo depressed that my trial results haven't been what I was expecting (probably coz I fell sick during trials but not enough for misadventure) and my final ranks have plummeted way down. Please can I get an estimate?

ESL- 10/41
Maths 2u -45/85
Physics -20/65
Chemistry -28/65
Biology -40/65

School rank - around 100

I need an Atar between 92-94 (Med Science + Engineering @ USYD)

I know that I will do my best in the hsc and hopefully put in a very strong performance. But can you also tell me how well exactly I need to perform (raw external mark) to attain this atar? Or is it impossible for me?

Thanks for your advice

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
need a school rank buddy

or if you don't know that, what's your school?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
woops didn't see

probably looking at low to mid 80s, plenty of work to do

enisday

HSC
woops didn't see

probably looking at low to mid 80s, plenty of work to do
How much work are we talking here? Can you tell me what raw external marks I need to get? (85+ raw in all subjects?)

enisday

HSC
Anybody willing to offer much needed advice?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
To be honest I can't see you even getting 90.

enisday

HSC
To be honest I can't see you even getting 90.
Not even if I work extremely hard? My trials were extremely poor and not a true reflection of my abilities....I am pretty confident of achieving a band 6 in ESL, Physics and maybe chemistry.

onytae

HSC
Uni Grad
The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

Last edited:

enisday

HSC
Alright guys, considering I ace my externals, what is the maximum Atar I can expect?

timbermetimer

HSC
up to you, you might get 70 in one subject and 99 in other. too hard to tell, just study now until the end. persevere!

work hard, and it's possible you'll hit your aim. good luck!

enak101

HSC
I'm going to guess your ATAR would be 80-85 but if you really want your goal just go really awesome in externals, they are worth 50%.

enisday

HSC
Thanks guys, also I calculated my marks from all the assessments and trials which will be sent to BOS
ESL - 84%
Physics - 81%
Maths 2U - 72%
Biology - 74%
Chemistry - 78%

If I go well in the HSC, will I be able to get B6 in ESL and Physics and B5 in Biology, Chem and Maths?
Thanks

planino

HSC
It's quite unfortunate that you were sick during trials, good luck with externals. Hopefully if you smash the externals, this will have a pronounced effect on your ATAR and push it up to the desired range since the externals count the most

enisday

HSC
Thanks for that. I'll do my absolute best in the HSC and hopefully get my ATAR goal. Good Luck to all those doing their HSC this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)