Dropping Japanese? (1 Viewer)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
The Dilemma:
I don't know if I should drop Japanese.

Expected 2009 subjects:
MX1, MX2, English Ad, Economics, Physics and maybe Japanese Continuers.

Reasons for:
  • I have a love-hate relationship with it
  • It takes up too much time to study
  • I'm not good with memorising languages
  • I can read and listen fine, but I can't speak well or compose my own Japanese.
  • I'd rather be spending time doing Maths :)
Reasons against:
  • My teacher thinks I can do very well in it (she recommended me to do Jap. Extension)
  • I'm coming Top 3 in the class
  • The scaling is good.
  • I'm planning to pick up 4U maths and if I'm not good at it, I can drop it and have my Japanese to fall back on.
  • If I drop Japanese I'll have 10 Units and that's really risky because my Physics teacher is a bit dodgy.
  • But then again, I'll have more time to focus on other subjects without it and EX1.
What do you think?

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated :)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
marcquelle said:
nihongo wo daiski des. iie domi itsunajusika.

or

i love japanese. don't abandoned it.
doushite? Nihongo ga sukijyanai ne ... keredo, scaling wa takai ne? shirenai ...

or

why? I don't like Japanese. But the scaling is high. Idk =[

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
lols

love hate relationship.

is it a classroom, or distance ed course, cause distance ed course get extra UAI marks

alternatively try it for one term of year 12 i.e. next term and that see how you go and go from there

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Japanese kuso. If you don't like the subject you might as well drop it.

HSC
hmmmmmmmmmm, i reckon you should keep it :D you never know wat u can do with it and besides ur good at it too :D
do it for the dramas! xD
Doctor Jolly said:
The Dilemma:
I don't know if I should drop Japanese.

Expected 2009 subjects:
MX1, MX2, English Ad, Economics, Physics and maybe Japanese Continuers.

Reasons for:
  • I have a love-hate relationship with it
  • It takes up too much time to study
  • I'm not good with memorising languages
  • I can read and listen fine, but I can't speak well or compose my own Japanese.
  • I'd rather be spending time doing Maths :)
Reasons against:
  • My teacher thinks I can do very well in it (she recommended me to do Jap. Extension)
  • I'm coming Top 3 in the class
  • The scaling is good.
  • I'm planning to pick up 4U maths and if I'm not good at it, I can drop it and have my Japanese to fall back on.
  • If I drop Japanese I'll have 10 Units and that's really risky because my Physics teacher is a bit dodgy.
  • But then again, I'll have more time to focus on other subjects without it and EX1.
What do you think?

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated :)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
☆ said:
hmmmmmmmmmm, i reckon you should keep it :D you never know wat u can do with it and besides ur good at it too :D
do it for the dramas! xD
As much as I like Shun, I don't think it will be enough to get me through. Besides, I like Jay more :D

HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
As much as I like Shun, I don't think it will be enough to get me through. Besides, I like Jay more :D
lol, then should i continue my background chinese then? xD
its another step closer to seeing him xD
LOL, i reckon you should keep it though and drop it if u realyl cant handle it. ur really good at it and besides, u've been doing it since yr 7, a bit of a waste if u decide to drop dont u think?

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
☆ said:
lol, then should i continue my background chinese then? xD
its another step closer to seeing him xD
LOL, i reckon you should keep it though and drop it if u realyl cant handle it. ur really good at it and besides, u've been doing it since yr 7, a bit of a waste if u decide to drop dont u think?
Carmen, you know me and languages! I suck at them. And I no longer have any inspiration to do it. And Wakkatta and all those Koala worksheets are pissing me off.

HSC
thats why u cage them! haha, o wellz...its up to u in the end. i reckon u should keep it but its ur decision not mine. respect ur decision la!
Doctor Jolly said:
Carmen, you know me and languages! I suck at them. And I no longer have any inspiration to do it. And Wakkatta and all those Koala worksheets are pissing me off.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
There you go. :uhhuh:

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
There you go. :uhhuh:
But but .. the scaling. And there's this fun feeling you get when you talk to other people in Japanese :) Argh, I have mixed emotions.

HSC
keep it and drop it half way then! =]
Doctor Jolly said:
But but .. the scaling. And there's this fun feeling you get when you talk to other people in Japanese :) Argh, I have mixed emotions.

HSC
even if she become disappointed, she cant do anythign about it. it ur HSC. either way, if u decide t drop it now, she'll be disappointed
Doctor Jolly said:
Ms Laz will be disappointed.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
☆ said:
even if she become disappointed, she cant do anythign about it. it ur HSC. either way, if u decide t drop it now, she'll be disappointed
lpfreak said:
hmm yea
+1 to keeping it then drop half way
But she's put in so much effort. I rememeber back in year 10 she pulled me out of class to ask me why I wouldn't choose Japanese .. and eventually won me over.

12o9

HSC
Yeah, like the other people, I would say, keep your options open and keep it for the mean time x).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)