Dropping IT ? (1 Viewer)

CrashOveride

HSC
I'm thinking of dropping IT - its lame. every lesson we sit here and do nothing. It counts poorly towards UAI....and the work lpacement jst wasted a week of skool.

But its sooo soo close to the HSC now. You reckon it worth dropping it now ?

santaslayer

HSC
Yes. If you are focussing on the actual HSC/UAI, then a vet course is not what you are looking for. I would drop it and convert all those lessons into study periods instead. :)

CrashOveride

HSC
I should have dropped it a long time ago.
IPT is also a bit..ifffy

But coz HSC is some 4months out, maybe just go do the IT exam? Could the certificate II that we get count for something post-uni etc. ?

wallid

HSC
santa your scaring us dont say things like that :S

Sacred_Soul

the same here
every IT lesson we hardly do anything the teacher isnt much hope
and ive heard that IT scales u down hard
im actually quite worried :confused:

CrashOveride

HSC
Im quite worried as well.

I was playing around with the SAM UAI calculator then, and from that based on 2003 results...it seems that IT scaled better relative to IPT. Im doing both subjects, this came as a surprise to me seeing as in IPT u do some actual theory and stuff....whereas IT is basically all practical and is VET.....hmmm im confused.....i think i picked the wrong subjects w.r.t. these two :(

CrashOveride

HSC
i dunno, we sit there doing nothing most of the time.

Any thoery is just once in a while and i dunno, it seems that everything in that subject is soo basic u dont have to study.

However, as i pointed out IT scales better relative to IPT ?! i thought IPT was at least spose to be semi-serious :)

Software is definitely the most 'exact' of all the computer courses. But i cbf doing it coz i find it boring =p

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
Well it is up to you. All your comments seem vallid for your case. Not everyone would agree. It does depend however on each persons circumstance.

With only a short while to go in you schooling career to me it would seem a waste to drop it now.

CrashOveride

HSC
Yeah that's what i feel as well....
Why drop now when it's so close

Does the level 2 certificate we get count for anything really? or is it only good for further study at tafe? (im planning to go BE/Bsc at uni)

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by CrashOveride
Yeah that's what i feel as well....
Why drop now when it's so close

Does the level 2 certificate we get count for anything really? or is it only good for further study at tafe? (im planning to go BE/Bsc at uni)
Aaaah well. The Cert II is good for when you go to TAfe and Uni. For TAFE it is good for accreditation in other subjects (Cert III and beyond). At Uni it may help you to pass subjects because you have the background practical skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)