Dropping Economics for French (1 Viewer)

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
Heh, another one of these threads.

Frankly, I like the concept of economics and am seriously considering studying it at uni should I get there, but I have one of the most egregious teachers ever. In my subject selection, French Continuers, Economics and Modern clashed. I do Modern @ Open High and Economics at school; all of last year I went to Alliance Francaise to for extra French lessons and topped the year. My friend said that they're just learning the imperfect tense and past participle, and that I should be able to catch up easily.

In the end, I decided that I would work my ass off to get to uni and do international studies and continue French there, but because I'd be older my ability to absorb a foreign language may have diminished significantly.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

agua.fuego

HSC
French is easy. Is it beginners, or continuers? I did French for 4 years straight and can remember everything, it's easy to catch up in, and basically, I'd choose it over Economics. Ec. might look good at uni, but unless the course you want to do specifically requires it, I'd choose something fun.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
agua.fuego said:
French is easy. Is it beginners, or continuers? I did French for 4 years straight and can remember everything, it's easy to catch up in, and basically, I'd choose it over Economics. Ec. might look good at uni, but unless the course you want to do specifically requires it, I'd choose something fun.
I was really annoyed because besides eng, maths and compulsory SOR, I had chosen legal and those three and they pretty much covered all my interests as I all I know about my future plans is that I want to study overseas, but the problem is what exactly.

Yeah, French is easy and I love it, but I don't want to limit myself.

Last edited:

ninja-boy

HSC
I got a boring teacher aswell, but shit im sitting though that cause i need it for uni mang.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
change to french because if you enjoy it more than eco you will obviously get better marks for it

changement a la francaise

Last edited:

selablad

HSC
gouge.away said:
Heh, another one of these threads.

Frankly, I like the concept of economics and am seriously considering studying it at uni should I get there, but I have one of the most egregious teachers ever. In my subject selection, French Continuers, Economics and Modern clashed. I do Modern @ Open High and Economics at school; all of last year I went to Alliance Francaise to for extra French lessons and topped the year. My friend said that they're just learning the imperfect tense and past participle, and that I should be able to catch up easily.

In the end, I decided that I would work my ass off to get to uni and do international studies and continue French there, but because I'd be older my ability to absorb a foreign language may have diminished significantly.

Thoughts?
That's kind of like me, except I wanted to do German and it clashed with Biology. I decided on biol, for the simple reason that it's easier to learn German out of school than Biology. Just talk to your friends a lot in French, and read French books and stuff, and maybe study a little grammar if you're so inclined. Then you won't have to work so hard at it.

If you worried about the old-people-absorbing-language thing, don't be :) You seem very good at French, so just absorb the language by doing culturey things (not schoolroom grammar), and then later on you can study it formally.

Don't know if that helped, but that's what I'm thinking of doing :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)