dropping a sub... (1 Viewer)

ShAdow_FaX

HSC
hey i'm first year commerce doing 4 subs but i just dropped econ1002 and suddenly irealised that i have to do that sub in first year???? is it ok to only do 3 subs (18 credit pts) for semester 2 for full-time student??? any help would be appreciated. cheers.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
ShAdow_FaX said:
hey i'm first year commerce doing 4 subs but i just dropped econ1002 and suddenly irealised that i have to do that sub in first year???? is it ok to only do 3 subs (18 credit pts) for semester 2 for full-time student??? any help would be appreciated. cheers.
18 cp will not be considered as full time... full time is at least 24 cp (full load)...

frenchie

HSC
No no no. I am sure you are mistaken Xiao. I just dropped INFS1000 and I am not considered 'part-time'. A number of my friends are also doing 18crpts and are also considered 'full-time'.

From the Commerce Handbook:

Undergraduate students
Undergraduate students are normally considered as full-time if
they have a HECS weighting of at least 0.375 each semester.
Anything under this amount is considered a part-time study load.
Note that some faculties have minimum study load requirements
for satisfactory progress.

The Arts Handbook simply describes it as anything less than 18 credit points is part-time.

Simple way to check would be to look at your online enrolment in MyUni. Navigate your way to the page where you can vary your enrolment online...and it will indicate what your current status is - part-time or full-time. But I am sure you are fine.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
oopss... damn science... it got most hrs and most cp needed ...

(maybe not even 24 cp either??? @@dunno)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
but aren't econ1002 n infs 1000 compulsory first yr units ??? then how can u guys drop them????

frenchie

HSC
Sure they are core units for the B.Com but there is no rule they must to be completed in first year...I am doing Arts/Commerce I have been doing mainly Arts units this year (infact no commerce at all this semester)...anyways a transfer to BEc & SocSci is looking rather tempting.

Bye

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)