droping from 2u to general?? (1 Viewer)

HSC
it's now term one of 2004 but we all know year 12 course started last year...so i should drop from 2u to general now, before the half yearlies, right???

pros and cons please

hard for me to catch up??

disadvantaged if i go to uni...as in make it harder for myself...say if i was gonna do accounting...and i went for cadetship interviews...would it disadvantage me??

....how bout any course in uni...will it kill me cause i did general??

i really dont like 2u...and it's the only subject i dont like....will general scale me down?? if i do good in general is it better than if i go crap in 2u??

Please Help !! i wana make the right decision

thanks...

santaslayer

HSC
u said u wanted to do accounting right?..if u do then u shouldnt drop 2u, if not, then u can either a) drop to genera (which will scale u down)or b) drop maths altogether

Majesty

HSC
N/A
If you drop to general and cain the assesment/exam 90+ then you won't be affected by scaling much. Exactly what i did in Year 11/12. Dropped 2u and went to General.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
For Accounting u need at least 2unit Maths...cos if u look in the B.commerce outline (which also recognises u asCA, if u do relevant subjects) it says MATHEMATICS is recommended.

fringey

HSC
Either keep it or drop maths altogether. I did 2 Unit and it was really hard for me. I absolutely hated it and barely understood anything. Anyways, a lot of my friends dropped but i decided to keep it. It was awful but i kept saying, "this is the last time you have to do maths this difficult ever". So the people that dropped it seemed to be more disadvantaged then me when marks and the UAI came out. It may not be just because of this, but everything helps.

You can do it!

eeyore

Mathematics (2u) is assumed knowledge for a fair few courses so you should keep that in mind. You rarely see general maths as assumed knowledge..

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by Dingo2004
i dont understand what calculas has got anything to do with accounting though
maths is used often to measure level of intellect, thinking, reasoning, etc. which has a lot to with accounting and many other degrees.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Dingo2004
i dont understand what calculas has got anything to do with accounting though
The Mathematics course consists of other thing other than Calculus though:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)