Drop out? (1 Viewer)

should I sign out after school tomorrow?

• Yes

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 31 64.6%
  • I'd think about it some more!

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters

s0k0y0e0

HSC
I'm thinking of going to school tomorrow; and after the bell goes (as it's an early day) walking around and getting all my teachers to sign that stupid little piece of paper to let me free into the world...

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
You do that and I will kidnap you and drop you into container filled with nothing but Journeys booklets.
Seriously though, think about it - there is only a little bit of time left, you don't want to drop out of the HSC now. Think of all the time and effort you have put in! So a definite *NO* to dropping.

HSC
have you gone to school for 13 years to waste it? come on, theres only 6 weeks or so left. hang in there, you'll regret it...

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
do you not see the BoS countdown? 49 days til the HSC. at least stay in school, finish it up and see where you want to go from there.

in less than three months it'll all be over and you can do whatever you want.

when you're so close, whats the point of quitting?

dany_starlet

HSC
What are your reasons for wanting to drop out?

A few HSC exams won't be hard!

s0k0y0e0

HSC
dany_starlet said:
What are your reasons for wanting to drop out?

A few HSC exams won't be hard!
Health issues mainly...I just..well I haven't gone as well as I know I could have gone; I really think I'll go back and re-do it at TAFE next year!
I know I'm going to be dissapointed in my marks; and I really don't feel like going through all those emotions...I'm only 17; so it's not really going to make any difference to me; it's not like it's my whole life......I just don't know.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
No way! Just do the HSC exams! Thats all there is to go, you really might suprise yourself.

Persoanlly, i wouldn't. I know i could do no study and scourge about 85-90, based on my internals.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
PiNkPiXiE said:
Health issues mainly...I just..well I haven't gone as well as I know I could have gone; I really think I'll go back and re-do it at TAFE next year!
I know I'm going to be dissapointed in my marks; and I really don't feel like going through all those emotions...I'm only 17; so it's not really going to make any difference to me; it's not like it's my whole life......I just don't know.
I agree with Sweets, at least sit it even if you don't prepare for it - or at least sit a couple of exams this year. You don't want to be caught out with this load again next year if you go back to HSC, make this year mean *something*.

P

pLuvia

you'll regret it if you drop out, you might as well finish it, and if you do crap then you can always do it at tafe as you said

alissa_xoxo

Share the Love.
HSC
NO​

It is illogical and weak to leave now.

Please, stick it out. Only a couple of days left!

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
Wow... I was seriously considering this last year and early this year and decided not to give up after I had toughed it out for so long and I would consider it but I would kick myself seen as though there are about only 30 days of school left! If you don't get the marks you want, who cares, at least your done and then you can re-evaluate everything!

Also, see your year level co-ordinator and/or school counselor and tell them, it may help to get special provisions or whatever!!!

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Heya Guys!

I just want to say a HUGE thanks to all of you for expressing your opinions; it has really helped!

I went and spoke to one of my teachers today who I have a good r/ship with and had a long chat with him; along with a couple of other teachers who all joined in on the convo!

I'm still a bit confused, but I think after considering all opinions, options, thoughts; I will try to stick it out!
I will probably not go as well as what I would like to; but I'm going to try take this year as like a trial! :)

Thanks again! All you guys Rock! You're all so supportive and sound like such nice, genuine people!

Thanks! xx :)

Last edited by a moderator:

tennille

HSC
Even if you don't get the marks you want, there are still many ways to get into uni. Good luck. :)

J

jhakka

I would have thought you the biggest fool if you dropped out. There's only, what, two months to go? Just sit it out and do the best you can. And then it's over.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
You'd have to be completely insane if you dropped out now.
There's 3 weeks of school left and then the HSC in october.
3 weeks and a few exams, and you get a HSC.
Drop out now and that was a whole lot of effort wasted...13 years or schooling down the drain.

s0k0y0e0

HSC
Thanks all you guys who replied! :)

Well I'm still here with 21 days till the big exams! Thanks for your help!

Goodluck to everyone out there with there exams approaching! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)