Drop law transfer to Comm/Eco with 3 majors? (1 Viewer)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Hey,
It's been a LOONG time since i've posted so I'll make this short. I chose law/commerce right after the HSC (probably disillusioned by the prestige and the idea which is quite unfortunate). I am on a distinction average and after reading about the daunting prospects for a law graduate (even those with top marks), I find myself wanting to drop out and do Comm/Eco. With this in mind, I could finish that degree in 4.5 years. (Would major in Financial economics, finance and accounting btw).

Although I enjoyed law, I can't see this as ever becoming my passion and the idea of doing Admin Law and Contracts seems kind of daunting to me.

Whilst undergoing my Commerce/Law degree, i've allocated about 80% of my time towards Law and 20% of my time towards commerce subjects and I can still manage to get Distinctions in commerce. With this in mind, I think that if I did all commerce subjects my marks would improve.

So should I transfer? How are the job prospects for these majors?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hey,
It's been a LOONG time since i've posted so I'll make this short. I chose law/commerce right after the HSC (probably disillusioned by the prestige and the idea which is quite unfortunate). I am on a distinction average and after reading about the daunting prospects for a law graduate (even those with top marks), I find myself wanting to drop out and do Comm/Eco. With this in mind, I could finish that degree in 4.5 years. (Would major in Financial economics, finance and accounting btw).

Although I enjoyed law, I can't see this as ever becoming my passion and the idea of doing Admin Law and Contracts seems kind of daunting to me.

Whilst undergoing my Commerce/Law degree, i've allocated about 80% of my time towards Law and 20% of my time towards commerce subjects and I can still manage to get Distinctions in commerce. With this in mind, I think that if I did all commerce subjects my marks would improve.

So should I transfer? How are the job prospects for these majors?
omg its Lpodnano! sup

I think you should transfer based on you wanting to do Commerce more than Law, but what jobs and careers are you thinking about after you graduate? Also triple majoring is... overkill, imo. You should find one or two passions and gun for them.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
omg its Lpodnano! sup

I think you should transfer based on you wanting to do Commerce more than Law, but what jobs and careers are you thinking about after you graduate? Also triple majoring is... overkill, imo. You should find one or two passions and gun for them.

Waddup shadowdude!

I am thinking of transferring. I currently don't know exactly what I want to do in the Commerce field just yet. However, in terms of the triple major thing, it works because a lot of the subjects overlap and I calculated that I could probably finish my degree within the next 2-2.5 years.

Is a law degree advantageous in the commerce field if at all? I recently read an article that stated that it was the new arts degree.

NFmusic1995

HSC
You should finish graduating from law, you are so close, why waste it, then do the economics degree,

Tbh you have a com degree, economics not that much different :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Waddup shadowdude!

I am thinking of transferring. I currently don't know exactly what I want to do in the Commerce field just yet. However, in terms of the triple major thing, it works because a lot of the subjects overlap and I calculated that I could probably finish my degree within the next 2-2.5 years.

Is a law degree advantageous in the commerce field if at all? I recently read an article that stated that it was the new arts degree.
not much, just the usual, i learned how to play 'hearts' two days ago! :p

Anyway, if you're not sure - I think you should do some course research beforehand, look at the courses you need to do for each major, etc. You'll narrow it down surely. Of course to get into Commerce you'll need to IPT but with a DN average you'll be fine.

And yes, I did read that same article - I think Law will be an advantage in general, I think employers might think your knowledge of the law to be an asset to the company. That's what I imagine/envision, so.. yeah.

But if you really don't like Law, transfer out. Sunk cost, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)