Dream Photos (using Photoshop) (1 Viewer)

sei

HSC
I've seen that all the dream photo places use, is simply photoshop, but I haven't been able to see what parts of photoshop/tools they actually use to do it.

Does anyone here know what functions of photoshop are used to create dream photos from normal digital camera pics?

(I'm using Photoshop 7 btw)

:)

HSC
N/A
just play around to see what u can do....
there no 'dream photo' button in photoshop but say if you wanted to change the colour of your eyes, just use the brush tool, pick a colour....green, blue, orange, whatever u want....and set the transparency low - say, 20% or something....and ta da!! u just changed the colour of your eyes!

Winston

HSC
They use the Eraser tool, Blur, Dodge tool alot i can tell, and they also use effects included in PS, as well as changing the brightness level or editing the hue,saturation values, and changing blending options as well, like opacity of the image or inner shadow glowing.

sei

HSC
Originally posted by boredofschool
just play around to see what u can do....
there no 'dream photo' button in photoshop but say if you wanted to change the colour of your eyes, just use the brush tool, pick a colour....green, blue, orange, whatever u want....and set the transparency low - say, 20% or something....and ta da!! u just changed the colour of your eyes!
thanks for the eye colour thing! I can probably use it to take red eyes out too

can you recommend anything to get that "soft" look that dream photos have? It usually gives the effect of smoothing out skin/colour imperfections etc.. the picture isn't as sharp afterwards

sei

HSC
Originally posted by Winston
They use the Eraser tool, Blur, Dodge tool alot i can tell, and they also use effects included in PS, as well as changing the brightness level or editing the hue,saturation values, and changing blending options as well, like opacity of the image or inner shadow glowing.
thanks for that winston! :) very useful

just one thing, what did you mean by this:
and they also use effects included in PS, as well as...

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by sei
thanks for that winston! :) very useful

just one thing, what did you mean by this:
Effects in photoshop, like how you see those dream photos with that bright sun light sort of thing its located somewhere under the Filter Menu, and inside there there's heaps and heaps of effects you can explore around with it.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
hahaa this is the prefect opportunity to put up this picture!!

LOL

check it out
it doesn't matter how much photoshop you use it still going to be :eek:

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i love the clouds as the wallpaper at the back!
but dream pics are like off! :(

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sei
thanks for the eye colour thing! I can probably use it to take red eyes out too

can you recommend anything to get that "soft" look that dream photos have? It usually gives the effect of smoothing out skin/colour imperfections etc.. the picture isn't as sharp afterwards
umm try 'smart blur'
don't think it gives that soft effect exactly but it makes the picture look a bit painted....if you know what I mean....and it does give a smoothing out effect
try smart blur then blur....see if that works
have fun!

sei

HSC
Effects in photoshop, like how you see those dream photos with that bright sun light sort of thing its located somewhere under the Filter Menu, and inside there there's heaps and heaps of effects you can explore around with it.
ahh ok thanks yeh it's a great program

umm try 'smart blur'
don't think it gives that soft effect exactly but it makes the picture look a bit painted....if you know what I mean....and it does give a smoothing out effect
try smart blur then blur....see if that works
have fun!
ahh ok i will! can you post up a sample of your skills?

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sei

ahh ok i will! can you post up a sample of your skills?
hahha
what skills?
I don't make dream photos.....
I just like photoshop and graphic design....one of my hobbies
just play around with all the effects or look up photoshop tutorials on the net....that should help you if ur new to it and all

sei

HSC
ahh ok

and set the transparency low - say, 20% or something....
where is the transparency setting when you're using the brush?

I think I'm doing OK at it now, I just haven't figured out how to get the foreground separate to the background (like how in dream photos it sort of cuts out the subjects in the foreground, and then in the background it's just blue or whatever, with lights etc).

Also with the blur tool - I can't get it to work. I drag it across the pic etc, but it doesn't do anything.

The dodge tool is awesome!

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by sei
ahh ok

where is the transparency setting when you're using the brush?

I think I'm doing OK at it now, I just haven't figured out how to get the foreground separate to the background (like how in dream photos it sort of cuts out the subjects in the foreground, and then in the background it's just blue or whatever, with lights etc).

Also with the blur tool - I can't get it to work. I drag it across the pic etc, but it doesn't do anything.

The dodge tool is awesome!
transparency is where it says 'opacity' or 'fill' on the layers tab

with the blur tool....see at the top where it says 'exposure' increase it depending on how much you want it to blur

and yes the dodge tool is very useful for lightening.....

I love the healing brush!! try the healing brush! its like the feature of photoshop 7!!

HSC
N/A
ROFL hahahaha
OMG!!! funni-ness!
I love the doremon one and the lord of the rings one!!
LMAO u just made my day!!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
sif dream photos :D

when you can make 3dsm photos in weird cybernetic poses and crystals sprouting from every orifice *chuckles*

Sabbo

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Sabbo I couldn't get into that link, it requires a username and password
Hmm they must have put it on. Maybe they received too much traffic.

I'll see if I can dig up an alternate URL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)