Drama Theory - Irish Theatre (1 Viewer)

Blondie

Erg, I need help with the theory!
I'm doing Irish as my "Studies in Drama" part of the course, and I'm trying to make study notes. My problem is with the headings. What exactly are we supposed to know? What i mean is, is it dramatic forms & conventions, thematic concerns, etc. Are they it, and what else?
Erg HELP!

fringey

HSC
Shit,l irish drama, never even heard of it, sorry!

fanona

that is it i dont think you need to know much more ummmmmm know a bit about the perod of time that the plays are set in and look for back groud info on ireland!!

~SArAh~B~

Ok... heres just a little help.
Well thematic considerations and dramatic forms and conventions are correct, so your on the right track. Look at things like dialogue, characters, form eg. realism, surrealism etc., stage directions, plot and structure. Hope that might help, what I find really hard about the Irish section is that it is only new and I am not sure what they are going to ask us. What kind of question were you asked in the trial???

Blondie

we were asked something about how the plays create their "irishness" or something. its crappy, really.

Ashleet

HSC
Originally posted by fanona
that is it i dont think you need to know much more ummmmmm know a bit about the perod of time that the plays are set in and look for back groud info on ireland!!
Hey Fanona I know you, i go to school with you heheh, it only means we both have to suffer with irish

ITS FLUFFY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)