DRAMA IP Guide: Promotion and Program (1 Viewer)

captainpigs

Tutor and Note Seller
HSC
Uni Grad
If your doing drama in year 12, I hope this helps if your considering picking Promotion and Program as your IP.
Firstly, I did promotion and program and it is an enjoyable process because the difference between drafts and final products are amazing and you feel proud of your creativity and end product.
Many people will be worried about filling the log books, and this is where P&P is excellent. It is one of the easiest to fill a log book for.
If you can tick of all of these areas, you'll finish your log book easily;
1. View productions- take the pamphlets, buy the problems, make notes on them!
2. Draw drafts, even if its what you consider a stupid idea, draw it and stick it in
3. Read essays, your idea for your work must have a basis, find an educational source which you can use as a reference for your idea
4. Ticks and crosses, all your ideas and designs should have a criteria set against them, make sure it meets that.
5. Ask people for their opinion, put their opinion in your logbook and venture off following their idea.
6. READ THE PLAY YOU PICK; make notes

In the end the smallest of changes can give you the professional look your after. Promotion and program is a time consuming process especially with photoshop however its enjoyable when you add viewing productions and pick a play you actually enjoy reading.

Helpme2244

HSC
Do specific theatre companies have specific design concepts for the programs? Am I going to have to go and watch plays and collect programs?😓
It would be fun tho...but back to the program. Does each theatre company have a design scheme for their program like they do for their posters?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)