Drama Essay (1 Viewer)

sarah1094

HSC
I have trials in two weeks and have to write an essay on Australian drama. My texts are 'Stolen' and 'Ruby Moon'. However, I'm unsure of even how to write a drama essay, like the paragraph formula and structure. I also can't think of any common themes in the plays or what the module is really about. My notes don't really make sense reading them now. Please help!

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
A drama essay should be structured similarly to that of your standard English essays, with one key difference - Use dramatic techniques.

Drama essays are also completely subjective. You can write them from whatever perspective you like (as long as you're within the guidelines of the question).

What plays/modules do you have?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
A drama essay should be structured similarly to that of your standard English essays, with one key difference - Use dramatic techniques.

Drama essays are also completely subjective. You can write them from whatever perspective you like (as long as you're within the guidelines of the question).

What plays/modules do you have?
Language should generally be formal though. Even if you're using personal examples.

Most of what you said is correct though. Your structure remains relatively the same for English and Drama. You need to use not only dramatic techniques (like structure, plot) but also state how theatrical techniques are used (like lights, sound, music, staging).

Sydney theatre's got some decent notes on their product of Ruby Moon: http://www.sydneytheatre.com.au/stced/2011/ruby-moon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)