Dragon Books? (1 Viewer)

mggail

HSC
i love dragon books too, the inheritence quartet is awsome but definatly read Anne McCaffrey books and Temeraire (im currently rereading them again atm).. i thought the Eragon movie was a total let down tho...

izzy88

HSC
New series from Robin Hobb- The Dragon Keeper is really good! Hobb is an excellent writer as well :) The first one only just came out though, so it will be a while until the trilogy is finished.

Oh and whilst it's a separate trilogy, and i think its probably fine to go straight into it, there are also other trilogies set in the same world whose characters pop up in a minor way in this book, so if you do feel like you're missing something when reading it, i would definitely recommend the Liveship Traders Trilogy, which has a dragon in it and they form a part of the plot, but probably not as much if you're looking for books constantly filled with dragons (from what i remember).

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
ditto about Robin Hobb.

I read Dragonmaster by Chris Bunch. It was about using dragons for aerial combat, and was written in a very straight-to-the-point manner. Not a bad read - different to most dragon books because the dragons weren't written as superior to humans like they normally are.

Villa94

HSC
Definitely if you like dragons read the Eragon series its one of my favourite series. Only problem is it takes him years to write the 4th one...

HSC
there's a book out at the moment called 'the dragon book' which is a collection of stories by different authors who write about dragons. if you read it you might like a couple of the stories/authors in there and it might give you some ideas on what to read next.

i read one a little while ago called 'the adamantine palace' which was quite interesting. its premise is that dragons are kept in check by alchemists, then when a dragon is stolen and isolated from the chemical the alchemists give it, it becomes 'self-aware' and decides that it wants to free its fellow dragons and take revenge on humans. only problem is that the dragon ends up being more of a subplot to court politics, and it's not that well-written.

also, you'll probably enjoy the inheritance cycle but keep in mind that there are a lot of more well-written stories about dragons out there.

BlackDragon

HSC
I'm a dragon. I like books :)

Umm, but yes. I like the kind of books that include dragons and that type of fantasy feeling.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)