Dragged down by school (1 Viewer)

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
hey guys
i was wondering if this is true or not many teachers say this about the hsc
that if u do well but other ppl in ur class do bad they bring the mean of the skool down and this will also affect ur mark and u will be dragged down with them...now to me dat doesnt make sense becuase isnt it if ur skol does crap but u do well in the hsc u dnt get penalised with them?

sladehk

le random
HSC
it doesn't matter if you're the top

sladehk

le random
HSC
it onyl matters if you're near the middle

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
People ranked either 1st or last are immune to the moderating process - 1st always gets the highest mark and last always gets the lowest mark (provided there are no ties)

If the bottom students at the school aren't very capable they will decrease the average and therefore pull down the rest of the students, except those at the very top (and this is assuming that the gaps between those at the top are relatively small)

7minute

HSC
I remember hearing somewhere that for the best possible outcome, the gap between the top person and the bottom person should be as small as possible... but that could be total crud.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I was worried about this too, but it didnt matter. Make sure you're at the top; simple.

sladehk

le random
HSC
if your school's marks are concentrated it will shift the ppl on the edges nearer to the middle of the range

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
7minute said:
I remember hearing somewhere that for the best possible outcome, the gap between the top person and the bottom person should be as small as possible... but that could be total crud.
That's provided the gap between 1st and last is also small for the HSC exam marks as well. Remember, regardless of how high the raw internal assessment marks are, last place will always get the lowest exam mark as their moderated assessment mark, whether it's 25 or 95.

Yaz88

CEO
HSC
wot if ur last in the internal marks but kik ass in ur external exam and bet other at ur skool>

~ ReNcH ~ said:
That's provided the gap between 1st and last is also small for the HSC exam marks as well. Remember, regardless of how high the raw internal assessment marks are, last place will always get the lowest exam mark as their moderated assessment mark, whether it's 25 or 95.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Yaz88 said:
wot if ur last in the internal marks but kik ass in ur external exam and bet other at ur skool>
you get the highest mark as your exam mark (since you've earned it) and the lowest exam mark as your assessment make (since you deserved it).

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Yaz88 said:
Purely based on your grammer, i doubt this will be a problem you need to consider.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Yaz88 said:
if you havent noticed this is the internet....i dnt have to have perfect grammer on the internet so y dnt u shut for fat mouth
My apologies.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Yaz88 said:
Survivor39 said:
you get the highest mark as your exam mark (since you've earned it) and the lowest exam mark as your assessment make (since you deserved it).
You always get your own exam mark, regardless of your internal ranking.
However, as Survivor39 said, you will get the lowest exam mark attained by your class as your aligned assessment mark, since you were ranked last - last always gets the lowest assessment mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)