Drafts and timeline (1 Viewer)

dreamee

HSC
My school seems to be really behind in doing everything. As a result, I'm really lost about the whole timeline-ing business. Just wondering what your teachers said to you regarding:

1. How many drafts you should be looking at altogether
2. Your overall timeline (ie. when you should have finished draft 1, 2, 3... etc)
3. And when did you guys hand in your proposals? How many weeks did you get to do them? We only got ours during latter part of term 4. (i.e 2 weeks before term ended) That's why they're not even due until first day we come back. (which actually sux because all the research we are doing are completely independent with no comments from them whatsoever.)

So altogether, please show me some signposts! *confused*

Zephyrio

HSC
1. I'm looking at about six drafts.
2. Draft done before school holidays end. Submitted to be marked. And this process occurs twice every term, with the school holidays used to improve/change my work.
3. Handed in mine in week 8 of term four. And I agree that it does suck to have to hand it in next term, because without affirmation/suggestions from your teacher, it is hard to see if you're going on the right track or not. But do the best with what you're given, and remember that no research is wasteful. It might help, who knows?

=)

qwerty7

HSC
1. About 3 drafts, with a few sections/'chapters' (doing a critical analysis) that could be substituted in depending on what tangent i go on my topic, whether i'm going over/under word limit etc.

2. First draft was done by the end of the holidays, submitted to teacher by week 5. Forever editing, looking for more info, re-writing etc. Final draft done by the end of term 2 and address feedback during the holidays to have it pretty much finished by start of T3.

3. Proposals were handed in week 8 term 4. We had about a month to do them.
Have you got your teachers email address to see if you are on the right track? Know anyone who has done english ext 2 in previous years? Or get in contact with other classmates and see how they are going? Although depending on how internally competetive your class is you might not want to...

Anyway hope this helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)