Dr Who (2 Viewers)

onur91

HSC
N/A
Me too! I really liked season 6 where we start off in some random situation and then, as the series progressed we slowly worked it out with the Doctor :(
:(

:(.

And when he says slut it up, I hope it isn't at the cost of good story. :(
:( Agreed. I mean, Russell T Davies was the best at making a hell of a story arc, one that went from the first season til the end of the 4th. That was epic. If they decide to get rid of it now, then it's going to just be like US shows, where everything is concluded at the end of a season.

If they 'slut it up', then it will definitely be like the US productions. Less story driven, more bright lights and cheesy plot lines that seem absurd.
They better not fuck things up :(

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
That sounds interesting, but I actually enjoy the story arc's they implement. If they get rid of those to a degree, it wouldn't be as deep as it once was.
does that mean they're going back to the serial format of the classic series?

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
:( Agreed. I mean, Russell T Davies was the best at making a hell of a story arc, one that went from the first season til the end of the 4th. That was epic. If they decide to get rid of it now, then it's going to just be like US shows, where everything is concluded at the end of a season.

If they 'slut it up', then it will definitely be like the US productions. Less story driven, more bright lights and cheesy plot lines that seem absurd.
They better not fuck things up :(
Yes! I love RTD :(
Hopefully there is a decent arc-ish thing behind the question though. I swear to god, if the whole question thing is shit .. god.

I really hope it doesn't lead to single episode based plots. I mean, maybe he just means no more multi-season spanning arcs? Then again, as I said, Moffat is a troll so..

Fingers crossed it is just an up in production value and things? And maybe the more filler-style episodes will be more glitz and glam? Iunno

Also, end game is Amy and Rory will die in season 7. I bet.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Yes! I love RTD :(
Hopefully there is a decent arc-ish thing behind the question though. I swear to god, if the whole question thing is shit .. god.

I really hope it doesn't lead to single episode based plots. I mean, maybe he just means no more multi-season spanning arcs? Then again, as I said, Moffat is a troll so..

Fingers crossed it is just an up in production value and things? And maybe the more filler-style episodes will be more glitz and glam? Iunno

Also, end game is Amy and Rory will die in season 7. I bet.
They would have to make it good...I mean come on, that question has been going on since 1963 :p So yeah, if they screw it up, EVERYONE would be pissed.

Yeah I sure as hell hope not. I'd still be upset if he means that though, I actually enjoy those long arcs. It's more mind blowing, in terms of foresight.

That would be good, but I honesty think it's fine the way it is now...

If someone had to die, it would have to be one of them or both. We already know when River dies, and if the doctor dies, then the next doctor would have to be the last one (seeing as how they can only regenerate or take form 12 times iirc?)

EDIT: They can regenerate 12 times, meaning 13 lives.

Last edited:

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
They would have to make it good...I mean come on, that question has been going on since 1963 :p So yeah, if they screw it up, EVERYONE would be pissed.

Yeah I sure as hell hope not. I'd still be upset if he means that though, I actually enjoy those long arcs. It's more mind blowing, in terms of foresight.

That would be good, but I honesty think it's fine the way it is now...

If someone had to die, it would have to be one of them or both. We already know when River dies, and if the doctor dies, then the next doctor would have to be the last one (seeing as how they can only regenerate or take form 12 times iirc?)
I'm excited for the question. So much.

I completely agree. I love the long arcs, and seeing the build up and resolution/not resolution and slowly solving it! :( :(

God, I hope they're not dumbing the show down because of the growth in America. Seriously, Americans get it/appreciate just as much as everyone else. Jeez.

At least Amy is going to die. Can't remember where, but it was either Karen or Moffat who said once Amy&Rory are gone, they will be gone for good.
And I can't imagine Amy just to all of a sudden not want to go with the Doctor anymore.

& it's 12 regenerations I do believe, 13 Doctors in total. I sort of hope one of them will be an older doctor again. And if the last one is ginger.. tehe.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
I'm still wondering what's the go with extra floor on Amy's house
and what the "TARDIS" console on Aikman road has to do with the Silence caves
- and many more mindfucks that Moffat still has to tie up

personally, I hope that when the show finishes they leave that mystery unanswered. it's been left ambiguous and mysterious for 50 years: nothing can live up to that hype.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
personally, I hope that when the show finishes they leave that mystery unanswered. it's been left ambiguous and mysterious for 50 years: nothing can live up to that hype.
I would definitely prefer them to leave it unanswered to doing it shittily.
It has so much potential to be good and so much potential to be shit. I just hope Moffat & Co. know what they are doing :(

onur91

HSC
N/A
I'm excited for the question. So much.

I completely agree. I love the long arcs, and seeing the build up and resolution/not resolution and slowly solving it! :( :(

God, I hope they're not dumbing the show down because of the growth in America. Seriously, Americans get it/appreciate just as much as everyone else. Jeez.

At least Amy is going to die. Can't remember where, but it was either Karen or Moffat who said once Amy&Rory are gone, they will be gone for good.
And I can't imagine Amy just to all of a sudden not want to go with the Doctor anymore.

& it's 12 regenerations I do believe, 13 Doctors in total. I sort of hope one of them will be an older doctor again. And if the last one is ginger.. tehe.
As am I.
That is pretty much what makes this show so amazing. The stories go deep, if they throw that out of the wndow, they may as well be throwing the whole show out.

I actually fear they may be. It depends how you look at it...did you enjoy Torchwood: Miracle?

But I thought they sort of resolved that in the 'Girl Who Waited' episode? idk..

haha yeah it would be cool to see a ginger version, seeing as how it's what he's always wanted lol

As Rebecca said, if they can't nail it, they should leave it unanswered.

Here's the thing, even though the old story arcs are done, it still left unanswered question that I wish I knew. Like at the end of David Tennant's run, who was that old female time lord, the one the Doctor recognised?
I'm still waiting for an answer damn it!!

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Here's the thing, even though the old story arcs are done, it still left unanswered question that I wish I knew. Like at the end of David Tennant's run, who was that old female time lord, the one the Doctor recognised?
I'm still waiting for an answer damn it!!
RTD has said it's The Doctor's mother

The End Of Time said:
One of the two dissident Time Lords, described as "The Woman" in the credits, visits Wilfred on several occasions, appearing and disappearing in unexplained ways. When she lowers her arms to stare at the Tenth Doctor he appears to recognise her, but when later asked by Wilfred about her identity, the Doctor evades the question. British newspapers The Daily Telegraph and The Daily Mail identified the character as the Doctor's mother as early as April 2009. Russell T. Davies wrote in an email to the author of The Writers Tale, "I like leaving it open, because then you can imagine what you want. I think the fans will say it's Romana. Or even the Rani. Some might say that it's Susan's mother, I suppose. But of course it's meant to be the Doctor's mother."

Last edited:

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
and back to the topic of his regenerations:
in Stolen Earth/Journey's End when he regenerates from the Dalek attack and channels the extra energy into his hand
surely that counts as a regeneration? meaning that his 12th form will be his last?

also: people have argued that in Let's Kill Hitler when River gives him all of her remaining regenerations, that gives him an unknown amount of extra regenerations?
while some people just say that it saved him from death in that time and place, while not giving him any extra regenerations?
(i need to stop saying regenerations)

onur91

HSC
N/A
RTD has said it's The Doctor's mother
huh...thought that was the case.

and back to the topic of his regenerations:
in Stolen Earth/Journey's End when he regenerates from the Dalek attack and channels the extra energy into his hand
surely that counts as a regeneration? meaning that his 12th form will be his last?

also: people have argued that in Let's Kill Hitler when River gives him all of her remaining regenerations, that gives him an unknown amount of extra regenerations?
while some people just say that it saved him from death in that time and place, while not giving him any extra regenerations?
(i need to stop saying regenerations)
Regenerations.

I don't think they would make use of that, probably bypass it altogether. Unless the show tanks for some reason, and they need a quick exit strategy? Then yeah, they'll make use of that 'regeneration'.

Nah I don't think they would take that path, too easy and simple.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
but if they continue onto the 13th Doctor, how are they going to explain it?

onur91

HSC
N/A
Idk...say that the whole hand regeneration thing didn't count? No clue.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
But I thought they sort of resolved that in the 'Girl Who Waited' episode? idk..

haha yeah it would be cool to see a ginger version, seeing as how it's what he's always wanted lol
Actually, yeah, you're right.

And yes, I love Torchwood, but not really for the same reasons as Doctor Who.
And I didn't mind the reboot, but as I said, I don't like it because of the same reasons as Doctor Who

but if they continue onto the 13th Doctor, how are they going to explain it?
I don't know how much Classic Who and shit you're into, but certain timelords, like the Master IIRC were granted extra regenerations.
And in one of the Sarah Jane Adventure episodes, he said he could regenerate like, 500 times, but rule 1, so I dunno.

Point is, they've backed themselves up enough to cover extra cycles if they wanted to.

Freddici

HSC
Didn't River "give" the Doctor more regens?? That was the rumour from that... Although i don't think it is.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Didn't River "give" the Doctor more regens?? That was the rumour from that... Although i don't think it is.
Not specified whether she just healed him or actually passed on her remaining 9 or 10 (?) regenerations.
Again, they've played their cards well enough that they can pretty much keep going as long as they feel like.

Freddici

HSC
Not specified whether she just healed him or actually passed on her remaining 9 or 10 (?) regenerations.
Again, they've played their cards well enough that they can pretty much keep going as long as they feel like.
Not specific is the way to go.

onur91

HSC
N/A
Actually, yeah, you're right.

And yes, I love Torchwood, but not really for the same reasons as Doctor Who.
And I didn't mind the reboot, but as I said, I don't like it because of the same reasons as Doctor Who
Same here. Torchwood has it's own unique qualities, much darker and grittier.
The Children of Earth miniseries imo, was much better than the first 2 seasons themselves. That's what I'm afraid what would happen to Doctor Who, if they follow the format of the 1st and 2nd season of Torchwood, where there is a minimal story arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)