Down With Darryl Petition (1 Viewer)

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
I've sent him 4 emails over the couise of this semester. He's replied to one of them.

Staz, i feel your pain.

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
melbournian said:
Government (generally, World Poltiics did) does not release participation marks.
Actually, my experience has been different. Of the 3 govt subjects i've done - 2 have def. released marks and i'm not so certain Int Bus and Pol doesn't. Just that Darryl's a lazy fuck.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
So i get an email from Phil (my tutor). Apparently he doesn't have it. WTF!!!! This is just amazing. Maybe I should bill them for printing and binding costs. Or sue them for stress. Or something. Maybe penetrate their ovaries.
I take it that I'm not going to know my results until after exams? So I don't know what I need to get my target mark of 73 for this subject. Great.
Anyway. Fuck this. I'm going to smoke crack or something.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
stazi said:
he said hell let me know.
and if you have
1) $2,500 fee waiver for summer school
2) $4,000 yearly scholarship
3) $3,000 exchange scholarship
4) North Carolina Chapel Hill or Berkeley acceptance
5) Transfer to Commerce (Liberal Studies)
6) $200 Federated Ironworkers' Prize
7) $200 Industrial Relations Society of NSW Prize
8) Possible scholarship to a USYD college for board

on the line, i think ud care about marks too
hahahahah oh dear

stazi

Nightman
HSC
plus toodlu told me shed sexy time me if I got a wam of 80+ :eek:

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
stazi said:
So i get an email from Phil (my tutor). Apparently he doesn't have it. WTF!!!! This is just amazing. Maybe I should bill them for printing and binding costs. Or sue them for stress. Or something. Maybe penetrate their ovaries.
I take it that I'm not going to know my results until after exams? So I don't know what I need to get my target mark of 73 for this subject. Great.
Anyway. Fuck this. I'm going to smoke crack or something.
I got like less than 65% in the exam and still pulled a D. It ain't hard.

kow_dude

HSC
stazi said:
and if you have

incredible achievements in just a year

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
kow_dude said:
incredible achievements in just a year
I think you're assuming under a false premise that he has actually acheived anything from that list. In reality, we all know he's really just a bit of a retard with an over-estimated self worth.

:cool:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
stazi said:
and if you have

Ok Jonathan, let's see:
I've achieved academic requirements, just depends if I satisfy the educational disadvantage criteria

If they count UAI I may not get it, but if they only count WAM, there is a large chance I will

Will need to screw up exams not to get it. Will need about a 78WAM to guarantee it. 75.50 last sem. My marks for this semester:
MKTG1002 - 42/50 (with another assessment to get back which should be 9 or 10/10 as its a participation portfolio. Also my group is appealing our assignment as the appendices weren't looked at.)
MKTG2002 - 33/35 (participation which should be 8+/10 and assignment which should be a 23+/30 or so to get back)
GOVT1406 - 20/30 :( - but briefing paper should hopefully get 70%+
WORK1002 - 45/50 - participation mark to go, which should be 10/10 as they actaulyl give out those marks.

Will depend on how many people go for it. Berkeley also requires an 80 WAM. NC unis are sometimes allocated randomly, which is the shit.

Pretty much got this one, unless I somehow get 4 credits.

Both of these will depend on whether or not I come first in WORK1002 (or maybe second). I'll know my rank so far tomorrow :) I came first for WORK1001, but they have this wierd requirement for the ironworkers' prize where they take your aggregate mark b/w the subjects.

I don't think i'm going for this anymore. Will try for it in 3rd year. However, with my marks, financial disadvantage and extra cirricular I'm relatively sure that I could get this.

Also know the main reasons that I have those goals is so I have the drive to attain high results. If I satisfy 50% of the above, I'll be very happy.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
stazi said:
Ok Jonathan, let's see:
I've achieved academic requirements, just depends if I satisfy the educational disadvantage criteria

If they count UAI I may not get it, but if they only count WAM, there is a large chance I will

Will need to screw up exams not to get it. Will need about a 78WAM to guarantee it. 75.50 last sem. My marks for this semester:
MKTG1002 - 42/50 (with another assessment to get back which should be 9 or 10/10 as its a participation portfolio. Also my group is appealing our assignment as the appendices weren't looked at.)
MKTG2002 - 33/35 (participation which should be 8+/10 and assignment which should be a 23+/30 or so to get back)
GOVT1406 - 20/30 :( - but briefing paper should hopefully get 70%+
WORK1002 - 45/50 - participation mark to go, which should be 10/10 as they actaulyl give out those marks.

Will depend on how many people go for it. Berkeley also requires an 80 WAM. NC unis are sometimes allocated randomly, which is the shit.

Pretty much got this one, unless I somehow get 4 credits.

Both of these will depend on whether or not I come first in WORK1002 (or maybe second). I'll know my rank so far tomorrow :) I came first for WORK1001, but they have this wierd requirement for the ironworkers' prize where they take your aggregate mark b/w the subjects.

I don't think i'm going for this anymore. Will try for it in 3rd year. However, with my marks, financial disadvantage and extra cirricular I'm relatively sure that I could get this.

Also know the main reasons that I have those goals is so I have the drive to attain high results. If I satisfy 50% of the above, I'll be very happy.

Who are you trying to impress? Honestly. Anyone who actually has come into contact with you knows that you're really quite simple and any purported intelligence comes from over-exertion as opposed to any real substantial ability.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
absolution* said:
Who are you trying to impress? Honestly. Anyone who actually has come into contact with you knows that you're really quite simple and any purported intelligence comes from over-exertion as opposed to any real substantial ability.
I'm not trying to impress anyone but rather justify myself. I have raw intelligence, which isn't correlated to overexertion. The only reason I'm studying so much this semester is because I've got so much on the line.
In school I was always the class clown, the guy who never tried or studied for anything yet got comfortably high marks when he wanted them.
the WORK units are another prime example. i have done literally no study for them up until 3 days ago (started studying for exam). I mean this literally, I had not even bought the text. Yet I am on 45/50.
With that in mind, I don't think marks = intelligence. All the Asian nerds in high school spent 6 hours a day studying and attained exuberant UAIs. However, try hold a conversation with them about a range of topics and they come up blank.
With that in mind, you seem to flaunt the fact that you're incredibly intelligent. To a certain extent I can see how you are that, I won't lie. Although many of your opinions are slightly cliched and simplistic. You also lack communications skills.
I don't know how you can guage my intelligence based on my tutorial participation, in which I aim to get high marks by answering the questions we are meant to? You also seem to be afraid to communicate wiith me normally outside of a classroom situation, as are you with others. I have never discussed anything deeper than readings with you, nor have you had any arguments with me.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
umm...wtf. I only got 72% in the briefing paper. I really have no idea why. He tries to explain it (he wrote a page explaining it), but it really makes no sense. He tells me ive put in so much effort, enthusiasm, commitment how it's great work but its not intellectually well done. THis is because I failed to go into how Shell should avoid disasters all together to manage reputation risk. Well, duh. Should the report have been about how the number one lesson for any risk is to avoid it. Instead I talked about how to manage risk if it actually occurs. A very important thing, as oil disasters will occur no matter how hard you try to avoid them.
This tutor is seriously pissing me off. fucking faggot.
I mean, even absolution knows more about the subject than him. So does this arab guy who never said anything.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
absolution* said:
Phil fucking rocks. Stop whinging because you are shit.
I know you have phil as much as me. I also know that he gives shit marks. like to that tall girl in our class. She's pretty gosh darn smart. But her marks have been all 65s. i bet even you havent been getting hds and uve been sucking his cock a lot.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
stazi said:
I know you have phil as much as me. I also know that he gives shit marks. like to that tall girl in our class. She's pretty gosh darn smart. But her marks have been all 65s. i bet even you havent been getting hds and uve been sucking his cock a lot.
I think the marks are fair. The people in our tute group are basically retarded. All of them, except maybe for me.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I disagree. That chick, from speaking to her, is pretty smart. Whilst we don't have the strongest tute, there should be people who get credits and above. Phil marks too harshly for a stupid looking idiot. Maybe if he was better looking I'd think he marks ok.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Oh and I'm going to help this other girl appeal. She is one of the smartest girls I know (not just booksmart but smart-smart). Not very attractive, but still. She got a 99.95 uai or something ridiculous like that with minimal studying and she's so incredibly well informed about everything. I even looked at her essays and they're great (deserving of 75+). She needs a D avg to keep her one million dollar (or something like that) scholarship.
Phil has given her marks of below 60. I feel so bad for her.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Stop trying to hide behind other people to further your agenda and disguise your bitterness at doing badly. Its lame. Phil is not against you. He will give you a mark that corresponds to how good the work is in his eyes. Its subjective. And seeing as how he is much more qualified to guage the correct mark than you are, you really shouldnt dispute him under any circumstance. Thats lame.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
absolution* said:
Stop trying to hide behind other people to further your agenda and disguise your bitterness at doing badly. Its lame. Phil is not against you. He will give you a mark that corresponds to how good the work is in his eyes. Its subjective. And seeing as how he is much more qualified to guage the correct mark than you are, you really shouldnt dispute him under any circumstance. Thats lame.
Would you like to have a look at my briefing paper?
Also, I found the marking for the first one interesting. Everything at the back is ticked as outstanding, excellent and good with one average. Yet my mark is 62, which seems very average.
And I'm not hiding behind others to further my own agenda?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)