Down With Darryl Petition (1 Viewer)

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
Hi all,

This is a petition to attempt to have Uncle Darryl "Dickhead" Jarvis removed from teaching.

Who's with me?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I am!! :)
Did they give u a shit mark?
I'm fucking angry they lost my fucking briefing paper.
and the fact that i'm on only 65% for the 30 marks I've gotten so far. this will drag down my wam and maybe put me out of going to the US + scholarships. arrrrgh!

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
Nah, my marks have been great so far. 86% for first assignment, 85% for briefing paper.

I'm pissed because the douche hasn't returned my 2nd assignment

stazi

Nightman
HSC
thats ure tutor who hasnt returned it?
and wtf!!!!!!!!! youre topping the course i would think. the highest in heaps of tutes have been like 70%.
im so jealous :(

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
stazi said:
thats ure tutor who hasnt returned it?
and wtf!!!!!!!!! youre topping the course i would think. the highest in heaps of tutes have been like 70%.
im so jealous :(
wtf?

I got above 80% in all the assignments in that (i think 82% in one and 85% in another). And I was no where near top of the course. I know a lot of people last year who got like D's and HD's. You must jsut be in a dumb class.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
haha not everything is about you sweetheart. your assignment can either be marked and take a while to come back, or he can fail you for being a dickhead.

I-Jester

Intergalactic Jester
HSC
see, this is the problem with academia. If you failed to do something for 6-8 weeks in a real job, you would end up losing it or copping shit for it. Nothing like that is going to happen to Darryl, despite being required by departmental policy to return the assignment ages back.

And if it came to a dickhead competition between me and Darryl... he'd win... but only just. I think Toodulu might have the edge on both of us though.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
I-Jester said:
see, this is the problem with academia. If you failed to do something for 6-8 weeks in a real job, you would end up losing it or copping shit for it. Nothing like that is going to happen to Darryl, despite being required by departmental policy to return the assignment ages back.

And if it came to a dickhead competition between me and Darryl... he'd win... but only just. I think Toodulu might have the edge on both of us though.
haha, can't take a bit of criticism i see
just out of curiosity what is the "departmental policy" on this anyway?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
im good thankyou. would be better if my tutor had returned my assignment.
and yes, this is incompetence. We put in hours doing assignments, yet the markers are so incredibly lazy. Or dumb.
I mean, this one girl in my tute (this is the story loosly).
Tutor: Listen, see me at 1pm today
Her: Ummm...sorry, what?
Tutor: Are you free?
Her: No, I've got a lecture, why?
Tutor: it's about the assignment
Her: what did i do?
T: You'll see
Her: OMG! Did i do the wrong question
T: Yes.
(So she's panicking for 2 days when she can actually see him)
2 days later, apparently hes just seeing her because she didnt indicate page numbers in-text (which a harvard referencing guide that she had said wasn't required and she even showed this guide to him which was in her bag). So he goes "oh, ok. resubmit it to me tomorrow but with the page numbers". So she revisits journal articles. Reborrows books in a rush. Resumbits it the next day (same copy just with the page numbers in pen).
A week later she emails him and asks what's going on with it.
Apparently, he's lost it. He asks her to email the thingo again. So she does.
Then, he marks it, deducts marks for lateness, and deducts marks for not having page numbers. Turns out he's forgotten the whole escapade there. What a fucking dumdum!
And he's tutoring and handing out low marks. Fucking assfucker.

And my assignment:
Due on the 10th October if my memory serves me well. Handed it in 1 day earlier. Bound. Professionally printed (as it had orsum pictures and stuff) SO HAWT!!!!!. Rush there when assignments are announced for collection. Tutor says with his sly grin "I don't have yours".
I'm seriously just absofuckinglutely shocked. So I go print it, bind it again etc etc. He says I'll have it back to you as soon as I get it. Hand it in monday arvo. Sent him an email then. Sent him an email yesterday. no reply. Nothing at all. I checked by the government office. He hasn't handed anything back.
So it obviously takes that fucking long to mark a 2,400 word assignment? We're expected to do twenty times that for readings for every tute. Make notes on them too. All he has to do is make a few markings. a few comments. give me 85% + and we're done. Yay.
Also, the other week i emailed him asking what our participation marks are. 2 weeks after tutes he still hasnt done them. So he's waiting to forget us all?
Fuuuuck!

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
stazi said:
Also, the other week i emailed him asking what our participation marks are. 2 weeks after tutes he still hasnt done them. So he's waiting to forget us all?
Fuuuuck!

Government (generally, World Poltiics did) does not release participation marks.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
but this participation mark wasnt even calculated yet.

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
stazi said:
but this participation mark wasnt even calculated yet.

what does it matter. You are not going to get it back until you get your final exam.
Stop caring about marks so much.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
he said hell let me know.
and if you have
1) $2,500 fee waiver for summer school
2) $4,000 yearly scholarship
3) $3,000 exchange scholarship
4) North Carolina Chapel Hill or Berkeley acceptance
5) Transfer to Commerce (Liberal Studies)
6) $200 Federated Ironworkers' Prize
7) $200 Industrial Relations Society of NSW Prize
8) Possible scholarship to a USYD college for board

on the line, i think ud care about marks too

melbournian

mexian expat
HSC
stazi said:
he said hell let me know.
and if you have
1) $2,500 fee waiver for summer school
2) $4,000 yearly scholarship
3) $3,000 exchange scholarship
4) North Carolina Chapel Hill or Berkeley acceptance
5) Transfer to Commerce (Liberal Studies)
6) $200 Federated Ironworkers' Prize
7) $200 Industrial Relations Society of NSW Prize
8) Possible scholarship to a USYD college for board

on the line, i think ud care about marks too

One of my good mates nearlly lost his Dean's scholarship (the $20,000 per year one) and did lose his college scholarship. He doesn't care about his marks anywhere near as much as you. In fact, I'd say he attends about 5% of lectures.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Your mate is obviously very dumb (because he will lose his scholarship), very smart (because he is smart enough to do jack shit and keep it), or very rich.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
so he didnt work hard and lost money. i want to work hard so i can gain money that i actually need. i need that money to go to the US.
also realise, that this semester ive been going out 2/3 times a week. and doing uni work 3 days a week. I've balanced well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)