double marking (1 Viewer)

*Pooja*

i was just wondering.....roughly how many school double mark HSC students' exams and assessments.

would any1 have a clue?

(hmm. i happen to be a disadvantaged student like several others)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
LOL our english faculty will never- i repeat NEVER let you win, neither will any other school. ;) Btw, schools hate being proved wrong/appealed at and the chances of you appealing and winning are very slim, as the executives are teachers from the school as well :p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ Kim's right, you know.

In year 10 I had an English teacher say my assignment was worth 30/30 and that I had plagiarised it. I said "Thank you! That's the best compliment!". I got 24/30 for that assignment.

Countless more anecdota for you, but I would think you can provide your own. It wouldn't be a very large leap of faith to extrapolate from this localised case at my school to a generalisation for all English teachers.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
dont get me started on the english faculty at my school...grrrrrrrr. and, on the subject of external marking/double marking, how crap is it that history ext. major projects (which acount for 80% of our internal marking!) arent externally marked?? its so unfair.

*Pooja*

and i notice that some of you dont really care about teachers not double marking!!! hmm...do u realise that we are somewhat disadvantaged? maybee not by much but still.....
hmm...very interesting...

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
once our school tried to double mark, but the two teachers disagreed so much on the marks, that it had to be re-marked by the year co-ordinator AND the HSIE co-ordinator. there was a lot of bias involved in the original marking, goes to show that perhaps some things should be double marked

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
fort st only does it for english

maths is straight forward

but sciences... i swear they shud b dbl marked... we had the biggest argument over biased marking....

we shud use student numbers too...

*Pooja*

ryan.cck: hmm...with enlgish, i got told by this guy that fort street triple marks!!!!! i was like wow! the teachers have lots of time. the guy got reasonable marks too. with sciences, our skool had different teachers mark diff sections of the paper, which is pretty much single marking 2 me....
maths u dont need double marking coz u either get the working and get the answer and get full marks (or do working out get some incorrect answer and can hope to have some marks for ur working out). so no prob with maths.
its things like "word" response questions which majorly require double marking...

Bushra: double marking is like when two diff teachers mark all students' paper and come to a decision on what mark the student gets for each question. so its more fair and that...

GO DOUBLE MARKING!!!!!!!

wind

HSC
Our school double marks most things and if there's a discrepancy, then the average is taken.

Got 16/20 for my Lear essay. Got it it double marked as usual and was given 19/20. Ended up with a mark of 18/20 *shrugs* :S

Better than my first mark lol

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
WE HAVE REALLY UNFAIR MARKING. WE HAVE TWO business studies classes, and each class teachers marks the prelimianry business task and stuff like that on their own .. and there is so much difference in the marks .. and they do that for the hsc

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
wind said:
Our school double marks most things and if there's a discrepancy, then the average is taken.

Got 16/20 for my Lear essay. Got it it double marked as usual and was given 19/20. Ended up with a mark of 18/20 *shrugs* :S

Better than my first mark lol
our school double marked only one thing in english (and it took them 7 weeks to do it the lazy arses) but some other faculties do it. when they do though, they dont do things like taking averages. if there's onyl a small difference in the marks, the teachers talk about the piece and then usually agree to take the higher mark. if theres a big difference, a third person marks it and whatever mark theirs is closer to of the original two is the one thats taken.

*Pooja*

silvermoon said:
if there's onyl a small difference in the marks, the teachers talk about the piece and then usually agree to take the higher mark. if theres a big difference, a third person marks it and whatever mark theirs is closer to of the original two is the one thats taken.
this is what is ask for, at least something like this!!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)