Double Majors worth it? (1 Viewer)

muramasa

HSC
How demanding is a double degree compared to a single degree(i.e. computer science/arts vs B computer science) and would that mean that I get no free electives if I did pick a double degree and it would be impossible to study something outside science and arts?
Would you say that a double major is worth it in general?

Last edited:

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Are you talking about double degree or double major?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
Are you talking about double degree or double major?
i think OP is talking about double degrees

---------------------------------------

double major is something like B Commerce (Finance and Marketing) and double degree is like MECHATRONIC ENGINERING/COMPUTER SCIENCE

BlugyBlug

HSC
Agreed, it's only longer, not harder.

You still take the same amount of courses per semester as everyone else, the only difference is you're just at uni for 5 or 6 years as opposed to 4. I'd recommend it; more opportunities and uni life is pretty great so there's nothing wrong with learning for a few more years

In addition to above, I picked a double degree because I enjoy learning and knowledge. (read: NOT studying/memorising). Why limit yourself to a single, narrow field?

p.s. double major is focussing on 2 fields within the SAME degree. e.g. Majoring in Chemistry+Neuroscience would be a double major within the degree of Science (Advanced).

p.s.s There's technically a difference between double degree and a combined degree. I believe double degrees get certification separately while people studying combined degrees receive their degrees at the same time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)